Is 20 yo too young to get the "celebrity face lift"?

I'm 20 years old and i hate my jowl area. I also have no high cheekbones. I was thinking of getting some type of filler but Will it be as effective as "celebrity face lift? Overall i want high cheekbones and the Lower part of my face to be lifted to give me a heart shape look I've always wanted.

Should I Get a "Celebrity Facelift" at age 20?

+1
 A "celebrity facelift" shows up on Google as a coined term by one Beverly Hills ENT surgeon. That term is not a medical description, and has no descriptive medical meaning. You would have to ask Dr. Francis Palmer, in Beverly HIlls, who is an ENT surgeon to find out exactly.  From his website it seems to be a minimal undermining SMAS facelift and recontouring of the face with chin implants, and/or fillers like Radiesse, which are not going to last. It seems that a "celebrity facelift" is what plastic surgeons would recognize as a limited undermining SMAS flap procedure, possibly with a submental incision for a necklift. The real contouring of the cheeks, which is not easily accomplished with what seems to be a minimal access vertical oblique vector in the described procedure, is done with a temporary filler. A more long-lasting result would be achieved with fat grafting to the cheeks. I don't understand how the cheeks would be enhanced with the facelift describe without the addition of filler or fat.  At the age of 20 you would be adding filler for the rest of your life, hardly a good solution. Another alternative for cheek enhancement is alloplastic cheek implants. These are placed via an incision in the mouth. I prefer fat, softer, less likely to cause problems over time.
  Jowls have to evaluated individually, you would have to have an in person consultation. Young people with good skin tone sometimes present with excess fat in the cheeks, jowls or neck. They are good candidates for liposuction.  We also have the Precision (formerly called Sidelaze), which is a modification of the Cellulaze 1440 nm laser that can be used in the face to help melt fat and tighten the skin by applying heat to the underside of the skin. The computer controls the temperature setting which cuts off the laser at a maximum safe temperature to avoid any skin injury.
  Find a good board-certified plastic surgeon in your area and get some realistic advice. Don't be influenced by meaningless coined terms designed to appeal to your emotions.

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Facelift options in Los Angeles

+1

Extreme facelifts are not advisable. However, there are procedures to enhance the face if there is a viable concern.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Cosmetic Enhancement in the 20's

+1

Thank you for the question. Facelift is, in general terms, a procedure designed to elevate and reposition facial soft tissues after they have become loose. The type of change that you are looking for seems to be more structural -- having to do with the shape of the face. Changes in the facial structure can be accomplished is a variety of ways without a facelift. Most commonly, this would be aesthetic facial implants (e.g., cheek implants or chin implant). In other cases, you can use fillers (e.g., Juvederm or Radiesse) to build up or highlight certain areas of the face. For younger patients, these treatments offer a reversible change and are much more appropriate. Best of luck moving forward!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift on people in her 20s

+1

if anyone recommends actual surgery or a facelift to you I would find that a little troubling. Certainly people your age do things with fillers or Botox which I think is in most cases perfectly fine. So long as things U do at this very young age are reasonably safe and most of all reversible either by time or other therapies to reverse with been done to you is fine.

One of the safest and easiest to reverse things she could do for her cheek bones is to have those areas augmented with filler such as Restylane or Perlane.those fillers can easily be removedd within enzyme if you don't like it or if there are some other issue. Additionally anything like Botox that you have injected should wear off in 3-5 months.

As for the jowls certainly there are some cases where the patient wants to improve their jawline or chin which often times necessitates a chin implant or some form of liposuction. These things are reasonable to do as well but you want to get a number of consultations with board certified facial plastic surgeons before proceeding.

The desire to have a heart shaped face is very common and I think you can achieve something like this but if I had a photograph I could be more helpful. Bottom line, avoid very invasive things especially in the beginning as you exploring her options and make sure you get more than a few in person consultations.

Chase Lay, MD
Double board certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do not consider a facelift at 20 years old

+1

I can only assume that the celebrity facelift is a combo of Botox, fillers, peels/ laser resurfacing. If a plastic surgeon recommends a facelift to you at 20 years old, run as far as you can in the opposite direction. Typically, the best treatments in your age group include injectable treatments (Botox and fillers), medical grade skin care and possibly cheek or chin implants if you're looking to remedy deficiency in the facial skeleton. Please do not let someone "tighten" your lower face. Maybe in 25-35 years but not now.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Age 20 face lift

+1

A real facelift is almost never indicated in your age group unless there has been massive weight loss. Other procedures might be considered to improve the shape of your face. What is a "celebrity facelift" ?

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Celebrity face lift

+1

It's difficult to comment specifically on your situation without any photos, but 20 is too young for a surgical facelift. There are certainly other options such as fillers, facial implants, Ultherapy, chin implantation, liposuction, etc depending upon what are your exact issues. You should submit photos for a more accurate opinion or consider a consultation with an surgeon who specializes in facial aesthetic surgery. Best of luck.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

A facelift for a 20-year-old is too young to have surgery.

+1

A facelift for a 20-year-old is too young to have surgery. There is no such thing as a celebrity facelift. Minilifts and full lifts are the words that surgeons use to describe this. In any case 20-year-old should not be having any type of facelift.