20 Years Old with Stretch Marks Should I Get a Mini or Full Tummy Tuck? (photo)

Hi there, I am a 20 year old female, who weighted 120 pounds then put on weight and was 140. I am now back down to 125 pounds but I have awful stretch marks that discourage me from showing any part of my stomach to anybody. I got the stretch marks in April so its been 7 months. I am not looking to have children anytime soon, at least 7 years. So my question would be should I get a mini or full tummy tuck.

Mini Tummy Tuck has limited applications

+1

Mini tummy tucks are really only appropriate in a select group of patients. Based on your photos and the distribution of your stretch marks, I do not think that either a mini tummy tuck nor a full tummy tuck would help you. Your best bet is to address the stretch marks...which can be improved, but not taken away completely, with some laser treatments.

Mini or full

+1

you do not need a mini or full tummy tuck. neither procedure is going to fully address what bothers you.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck

+1

I would do neither. You do not have enough extra skin to enable the removal of the stretch marks, so what bothers you is not going to be fixed. 

Should I Get a Mini or Full Tummy Tuck?

+1

You are not a good candidate for any type of tummy tuck. There just does not appear to be enough loose skin to warrant such a procedure.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Mini vs. Full Tummy Tuck at age 20

+1

I would not recommend any tummy tuck procedure to anyone as young as you, especially since you are considering having children in the future. Yes, you have a few stretch marks now. But, if you undergo surgery now, a future pregnancy will most likely result in more stretch marks and more loose skin. Wait until your done having kids, then consider abdominal surgery. Hope this helps!

Thanks for your question and photo. Best wishes!

Gregory Park, MD