20 Years Old, Breast and Buttocks Implants. Candidate? Recovery Time?

so i am 20 years old, will be 21 in a couple of months i currently weight 127 pounds, and my height it 5'5. i am thinking about getting breast implants or buttocks implants and if its possible both. i have some questions.. 1) i only have 2 weeks to recover i want to know if i can do both and get better in 2 weeks? 2)i do not have any children yet, is it going to be bad if i breast feed my babies when i have them, i am not planing on having kids any time soon though. 3) saline or silicone? thanks

Breast and Buttock implants

+1

Recovery from breast implant surgery should be less than two weeks for most patients--although everyone's recuperation is a bit different. Unless you want to wait a year for gel implants, your only option now is saline. Breast feeding is usually possible after implants though some women even without breast surgery can't breast feed. I agree with my colleagues that buttock implants are not a good idea. You should seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to discuss your concerns and possible surgery. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Butt and breast implants

+1

You can see from the previous answers that opinions vary. Unfortunately, the last surgeon had bad experience with butt implants. My experience is totally different. I have done close to 200  butt augmentation with implants and my patients are very happy. Many of them refer friends and family members. Be sure to consult a board certified plastic surgeon who is experience with that type of surgery. You can do the two procedures at the same time. Obviously , there is more discomfort with the combination, however , I have done few of them and the patients are happy and did fine. As far as breast implant, my preferrance is Saline implants. They cost less, easy to insert and remove if needed and in the right hands look and feel very natural.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Buttock implants

+1

whatever you do, don't get buttock implants.  They have a high incidence of complications and the results are lousy.  I am also not a fan of fat injections of the buttocks.  Go ahead and get a consult regarding the breast implants, but avoid buttock implants at all costs.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast and buttocks implant questions

+1

Thank you for your questions.

Two weeks will be enough time for you to recovery from breast implants. Future breast feeding should not be an issue for you.  I am afraid that at your age you are only a candidate for saline implants as the FDA has limited the use of silicone implants to women over 22.  I would agree with Dr. Gottlieb that most American plastic surgeons feel that buttock implants have too high a complication rate and are using fat injections to augment the buttocks.  I would suggest that you seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss these matters further.  

Donald M. Brown, MD

Breast and buttock implants

+1

FDA guidelines limit the use of silicone gel breast implants to women over 22, so your choice will be restricted to saline. In terms of recovery, most patient are pretty functional within a day. Women in school or doing office type work are usually back within a week. Women who do heavy labor may need a month.

Nursing is  unlikely to be an issue in the future if you have breast enlargement. 

Most American surgeons feel that buttock implants have too high a complication rate, and prefer fat injections where there is enough available donor fat. In addition to this high risk, the recovery with implants is often prolongued, especially when it comes to being able to sit. 

Best wishes