I'm 20 Years Old with One Child, I'm 5'6 and I Weight 153. What Size of Breast Implants Do I Need? (photo)

I'm 20 Years Old with One Child, I'm 5'6 and I Weight 153 Okay So my Question is What Size of Breast Implants Do I Need?

Size of Breast Implants

+1

In person consultation and exam is needed in order to provide a recommendation of the size of breast implants consistent with your objectives, lifestyle, and lifestage. Consult in person with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options.

What size implant do I need

+1

I agree that you don't "need" a cosmetic breast implant but the issue if you're going to have a breast augmentation is what size/shape of implant will fit and what effect will it have. 

In general a round implant of either saline-filled or silicone gel-filled will probably be suitable, but the extent of your breast sag (ptosis) is hard to judge in the photo. If it is not too low then you can have an augmentation without a lift and it will give you a lift "effect" but not an actual lift. The other issue is that your breasts are narrow and wide apart. This is not correctable with a breast implant. Therefore, the effect of a properly fitted and positioned implant will not be as much as for breasts that are wider and closer together. The implant diameter should match the upright width of your breast minus about 3/4 cm and the forward projection of (not always called this) low, medium, and high would normally increase your breast size by about 1 - 2 cup sizes. With breasts wide apart, narrow, and pointing off the the side, I would not recommend high profile implants. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Deciding Implant Size

+1

Picking an implant size takes a number of factors into consideration.  Are you seeking a natural look or a more extreme look?  Is your nipple position in the center of your breast tissue or did it drop after pregnancy.  Has your body recovered from the effects of your pregnancy?  I think it is best to think about what you would like to look like and communicate that to your surgeon.  It is better not to have too fixed an idea of what you want but discuss that in detail with the surgeon you pick.  Make sure your surgeon is certified by the American board of Plastic Surgery and is quite experienced.  Good luck!

Mary Lee Peters, MD

What Size Breast Implants Do I Need?

+1

Grace - It will be difficult for you to get an idea without actually seeing a physician. There are so many determining factors. Are you losing weight or at your stable weight? What is your current bra size? Are you concerned about the relaxation of the breast skin? Any plans for more kids in the near future? If your weight is stable and you have no plans for more children in the foreseeable future then discussing your goals with a surgeon will help to lead you in the right direction, as concerns size of the implant. Implant sizers are helpful in helping you to decide, although not 100% necessary in all cases. Another important point to discuss is the amount of relaxation you demonstrate in your breast skin. That one issue could change what kind of procedure you ultimately have. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Implant size depends on your goals.

+1

Hi Grace, you will need to determine how big you want to be.  You can get a lot of opinions as to an implant size but your opinion is the one that counts.  Work with a board certified plastic surgeon and try on implants to show him or her what size you like.  After you see the size of implant you like in your bra then you can get a better decision of the implant that you need.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Enhancement of Tuberous Breasts

+1

Hi there-

The better question is "Who should I trust to operate on my breasts?"

I would not be able to say without examining you what option I would recommend for you, but based on the photo you posted, it looks like you will need a relatively sophisticated operation that I wouldn't let just anyone do on me.

Rather than worry about the implant choices, you should be spending your time and energy finding the best surgeon for your situation.

Here's how:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Size Selection In The Sagging Breast

+1

When considering breast augmentation, your greatest decision about the procedure is not the size of the breast implant. Rather it is the consideration of the management of your large areola and the breast sagging that you have. An implant will, unfortunately, not provide a breast lifting effect. It will actually cause the breast sagging to be made worse by pushing the hanging breast tissue downward. The issue of whether scars are a good tradeoff for a combined breast implant and lifting procedure is your first decision before you need to consider implant size.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Implant choices

+1

There is no "need" to have implants. It is all a matter of personal choice.  Without an exam it is very difficult to determine what would be best for you.

20 Years Old with One Child, I'm 5'6 and I Weight 153. What Size of Breast Implants Do I Need?

+1

First, no one "needs" a cosmetic Breast Augmentation. Unlike having a burst appendix or a gunshot wound to the belly which need an abdominal operation - you do not need an operation.

Second,  the info you gave - "20 Years Old, One Child, 5'6, Weight 153" is wholly inadequate to begin to suggest what breast implant may look appealing in you. To pick a breast implant, we need to know how stretchy you breast skin is, how tight your breast envelop is, where your nipples are located from the breast fold and from the lower point on the anterior chest. Lastly, we need to know your breast base width and your desired look. Each of these factors would narrow the huge choice of implants out there.

Finally, it appears you have breast sagging, with asymmetric breasts, breast constriction (Tuberous) and large areolae. You may benefit from making areola smaller and opening the breast so they are less tube-like and rounder.

To see pretty close what you may look like, look for a Plastic surgeon who has a VECTRA 3D machine. A compter will photograph you and then you can see in 3D what you could look like with EVERY implant in the US. We have it in our practice and our patients and their husbands/boyfriends love it. Nothing like SEEING what you may look like without having real surgery.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD

The implant size for you

+1

Although the photo gives us some information, you really need a formal evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon.   A formal physical exam is needed to assess several things including your skin quality, nipple position, and chest wall dimensions.

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. So try these implants in the office to pick which look you like the best.

Hope this helps.  Best of luck

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS