20 year old implants removed with no lift?

I am new here and interested in hearing from women who had their implants for 20 plus years and who chose not to have a lift with explant.  I want to explant but really would like to avoid a lift.  Will I be really unhappy if I don't get a lift?  Please help if you can.  I went from an A to a C, over the muscle.

+1

No one can truly predict this as each soft tissue envelope will respond differently, but you may do well with just removal.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast implant removals, breast augmentation revisions, and breast augmentations each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

A breast lift not necessary after breast implant X plantation.

+1

It would be useful to have photographs but a mastopexy is not a requirement of breast implant removal. I suggest you haven't taken out which is a simple procedure and let the breasts recover. You can then decide whether or not a breast lift is aesthetically indicated.

+1

Thank you for the question. Much of what will be recommended to you will depend on your physical examination and your goals. These factors are best evaluated during in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Whether or not you choose to have the breast implants removed completely (or undergo some other type of revisionary surgery, such as downsizing), will ultimately be a very personal decision that only you can make after very careful consideration of the pros/cons. Only you will know whether you will be pleased with the aesthetic outcome associated with removal of the breast implants altogether.

Generally speaking what breasts look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

+1

Although I an not a patient, one option if you have SALINE implants, is to have a surgeon deflate them and see how things look after a few weeks. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Implant removal results depend on your shape

+1

If you have breast ptosis, or droop, now or had it before your original surgery - then the implant removal can make this look worse.  In this case, a lift might be beneficial for you, to get a nice shape.

If you have a great shape now, with no droop, and just want to be smaller - then implant removal by itself is reasonable.  Besides, if you change your mind, a lift can always be performed at a second stage. 

Thomas Fiala, MD