20 Year Old Female, 5'2, 127 Pounds, Belly is Exercise Resistant? (photo)

All of my life I have had a potbelly. Recently, after adopting a Vegan diet and working out 6 days a week, I lost 13 pounds. However, my belly has not changed. Would a tummy tuck give me a completely flat stomach? I know that I should not expect toning and contouring as a result but is a flat stomach a realistic expectation?

Belly

+1

I would continue with your aggressive plan of exercise and diet and give this some more time. An examination would also be helpful

Tummy tuck expectations

+1

I would need to examine you to see how much of your problem area is a skin problem and how much of it is a fat problem.  A tummy tuck is likely to help you but liposuction alone may be an option as well that is less expensive and has less scarring.  The decision would be made based on the amount of extra skin you have.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Tummy tuck or liposuction?

+1

You appear to have good skin tone (although that's just how it appears in a photo--may be completely different on exam in person).  If that's the case, though, then liposuction may be a good option for you to lose that belly bulge.  If your muscles have been stretched from pregnancy, then a tummy tuck would help.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Tummy tuck expectations

+1

From you photos, you appear to be someone that could expect to gain a much flatter abdomen with a tummy tuck.  However, without an examination of your abdomen, it is difficult to tell you this with any certainty.  You should discuss your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery) to make sure you are comfortable  with what your surgeon realistically feels they can achieve.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Belly is Exercise Resistant

+1

You should expect contouring, but  the answer to your last question depends upon your definition of a flat abdomen. The normal feminine abdomen does have some curvature. 

You should certainly expect a flatter abdomen. A frank discussion of your goals with a surgeon will prevent a mismatch of expectations and performance! When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.