I'm a 20 year old female and I've started to notice subtle wrinkles on my forehead. Am I too young to consider Botox? (photo)

Fine lines in your forehead in your 20's

+1
Being 20 year old is a great time to start thinking about preventing facial wrinkles.  Botox in small amounts can help you prevent future wrinkles.  Good skin care, retinols, and sunscreen will all help as well.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with anti-aging and cosmetic procedures for the best results.

I'm a 20 year old female and I've started to notice subtle wrinkles on my forehead. Am I too young to consider Botox?

+1
Botox is a great alternative to help prevent future line/wrinkles. Although you are very young, I would suggest you seek a reputable board certified physician to give you an honest evaluation and provide you with a conservative natural look

Early jump on wrinkle prevention

+1
Getting an early jump on skin care and wrinkle prevention is always a great idea. Age 20 is about the average age when those who are concerned about wrinkles can start to be treated with Botox. In addition we would recommend daily sunscreen as well as nightly tretinoin to treat and prevent further wrinkles.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Prevention

+1
Botox Cosmetic is injected into muscles to temporarily treat moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and in the area around the side of the eyes improving the look of moderate to severe crow’s feet lines in adults. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist so that they may evaluate your concerns and see if Botox would be appropriate for you. Often times these consultations are complimentary and are the best way to get your questions answered.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

20 and Subtle Wrinkles

+1
Hi! You are not too young for Botox treatments. Starting Botox in your twenties is a great preventative measure for combatting the rate at which you’ll get fine lines and wrinkles. Many of my 20 year old patients also enjoy using Botox to control their underarm perspiration.

Brian Coan, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

It is early, but some use Botox for prevention

+1
I usually see patients start to use Botox when fine lines and wrinkles on the forehead, between the eyes, or along the crow's feet begin to bother them.  Your lines are thin and subtle, but if they bother you, you can discuss your concerns with a plastic surgeon to see what suggestions they may have.  This may include Botox, Chemical Peels, Skin Care or Lasers.  Remember that avoiding smoking and UV exposure are your best defenses against the signs of aging.

Jason Brett Lichten, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon