1 week post op. I just got 20 units of botox around my eyes & crows feet, I don't see a difference yet. Is this normal?

I dont see any difference,yet. Will it REALLY kick in after 2 weeks? Why do the eyes take so much longer to see it worked than the forehead? I saw that in 6 days!

Botox Results After Two Weeks

+1
I would wait 14 days to see your maximal result. Each muscle group responds differently, so it may just take more time. However, it is also possible that you need more Botox injected in the crow’s feet to have the effect you want, and this could be determined at your 2 week followup.

Botox for crow's feet

+1
Botox can stop the dynamic movement of the crow's feet, but usually is not enough if the lines are deep when you are not smiling.  A filler can be added to plump up the creases for a smoother appearance.  If you still have unwanted lines after 2 weeks, please see your physician for re-assessment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox Around Eyes

+1
It takes two weeks to see the full effect and sometimes more than 20 units are needed.  In some patients the lines are due to hypertrophied muscle and require more repeated injection for improvement or laser/surgical improvement.  Fine lines are almost always improved.   If you are concerned, seek the advice of the physician that treated you. I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon

No effect from Botox around crow's feet - either not enough time, they aren't treatable with Botox, or you need more.

+1
Botox can take up to 10 days for kicking in fully.  Some of the wrinkles around the eyes can't be treated with Botox.  If you have etched in lines or lines that occur when you smile that are formed from the cheek moving up, these can't be treated.  Only the lines that form when you squint are the lines that can be treated.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Destin, Florida.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox for crows feet

+1
20 units is very reasonable dose for the crows feet. Give the botox two full weeks to work. If there is no improvement, see you should go back to see your doctor.

Crows feet lines come from elevation of the cheek as well as the muscles around the eyes. Botox only helps reduce the wrinkling from the muscles around the eyes, so there can still be some wrinkling in this area even after Botox. 

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox for Crow's Feet

+1
Botox is ideal for the fine lines around the eyes, better known as crow's feet.  It should take the same amount of time as your forehead wrinkles.  If you do not see any effect in two weeks I would return to your treating physician for evaluation. 

Michele S. Green, MD