I Had 20 Unit Botox Between the Eyes 10 Days Ago End the Results is Not That Good, Should I Need More?

Botox and unsatisfactory results

+2

When Botox treatments don't work as expected, there are a few reasons, some of which include: 1) Botox wasn't injected in the right location or the right dose,  2) Botox wasn't active or the patient doesn't respond to the drug, 3) Expectations weren't realistic or not well explained by the injector.  Discuss these concerns with your injector and make sure they are qualified. 

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox for the frown lines

+1

You should return to your injector for assessment.  Depending on the extent of movement you have, you may require more Botox.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox and frown lines

+1

It's very difficult to answer your question without first understanding placement (specifically) and what you mean by "not that good." I would consider returning to your provider to discuss what expectation is not being met and then determine the next step.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox between the brows

+1

Some people, especially men and those with   deep wrinkles require more than 20 units of Botox between the frown lines. It is possible that you may need more Botox, but the best thing to do would be to follow up with your surgeon will make a determination. I normally wait at least two weeks before adding additional Botox. Sometimes for very deep creases that Do not go away with Botox a very small amount of fillers can be injected to smooth Out the lines.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Botox between eyes

+1

Without seeing you animate and in person it is difficult to comment on the quality of your botox injections.

Botox between the eyebrows

+1

Some frown lines can completely resolve after botox takes effect in 7-14 days. Other frown lines are "etched" in that location because of years of frowning.  The latter type of lines will "soften" but not completely resolve after the botox.  A great way to test for this is to stretch the skin taught over the mid forehead frown lines. Generally, if you can stretch the lines out then botox should do close to the same. If you still see a line when the skin is taught, then the botox will likely soften the lines but not eliminate the lines completely.

I usually recommend about 18-30 units in a female brow depending on the strength of your muscles there.   Hope this helps.

Elizabeth Piantanida, MD
Colorado Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

20 units of Botox, was it enough?

+1

I'm unsure what you mean by "the result is not that good". So it's hard to comment on if you need more. If you can still move the muscles you were intending to lessen, then yes, you may need more. If it's just that you still have lines, but they are there whether you are moving the muscle or not, then these are static lines that need filler, not Botox.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD