I Had a 20% TCA Peel a Week Ago.The Peeling is Done but I Have Dark Blotches on Some Areas. Will They Disappear?

+1

At one week, there can be some irregularity due to slight differences in depth of peel at certain areas and differential healing.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

TCA Peel recovery

+1

The dark blotches are just remaining epithelium that will peel off.  After this peeling however be careful to avoid sun or at least use heavy sunscreen because there can be a second wave of hyper pigmentation due to the melanocytic stimulation of the peel.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Irritation after a TCA peel

+1

It is important to be pre-treated with an HQ product prior to a TCA peel to prevent post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.  If you have some degree of inflammation you may need to be treated with a topical steroid cream.