Well 20% TCA Cross Work on Ice Pick Scars?

On the cheeks and chin area

Ice Pick Scars Difficult To Treat

+1

Typically we use a much stronger strength of TCA than 20% for ice pick scars.  That being said, I do not feel that TCA works very well for ice pick scars.  There are other techniques which give better results.  I recommend that you consult with a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon for evaluation of your scars and discussion of treatment options.  Happy holidays!

Lasers are good option to treat ice pick scars

+1

For the cheeks and chin, the TCA 20% is NOT enough to help with the scarring.  It usually requires a higher percentage to work and requires multiple sessions. Other treatment options are lasers such as the Fraxel and fractionated C02.  I would encourage you to schedule a consultation with a dermatologist who specializes in resurfacing of the skin.

Timothy Jochen, MD
Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

I am not a big fan of the CROSS technique for ice pick scars.

+1

This is a similar technique to one practiced over 30 years ago using phenol as the caustic.    That procedure did not work very well either.  Ice pick scars are the most difficult to remove.  Punch excision, focused laser ablation and the Fraxel Repair Laser work the best in my hands.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

TCA C.R.O.S.S. Technique for Ice-Pick scars

+1

TCA C.R.O.S.S. Technique is done using TCA 100%, not 20%. It does work very nicely for these scars, and requires multiple sessions. There are other techniques which may be brought into play here as well.

Barry Resnik, MD
Miami Dermatologist