20% Salicylic Peel at Home?

I am 35 and suffer from acne scarring and ocasionally acne. I have done a 20% of salicylic peel, left it on for 8 minutes, but I didnt really have any visible peeling. What have I done wrong? Also, can I combine peeling and dermaroller for better or faster results? Thank you

20% salicylic acid should be used by professionals only

+1

20% salicylic acid is potentially strong enough that it is generally only available to licensed professionals.  While it may not always results in significant peeling when used, when used in the wrong setting it may cause problems.  Be safe--talk to a board certified dermatologist if you want this type of procedure done.

Home Salicylic Acid 20% peels

+1

Salicylic acid peels at 20%, while superficial, should really be performed in a professional medical setting.  They also do not always produce intense peeling- in fact it is usually just a light flaking with some pink or mild redness. Please consult a dermatologist who can help you address your acne scars and suggest other options.

Ritu Saini, MD