Can a 20% Salicylic Acid Peel Be Mixed with Hydroquinone to Increase the Lightening Effect on Olive Skin?

Is this common practice among dermatologists and plastic surgeons who perform peels? And does it produce good results? Also, from what I've read, salicylic acid seems to be the safest on darker skin tones so is this something that can be peformed safely?

Salacylic Peel Should Not be Used to Increase Lightening on Olive Skin

+2

Salicylic Acid peels produce great results when used appropriately.  It is a wonderful treatment for regulating the sabacious (oil) gland, deep cleansing the skin, and controlling bacteria.  It also has an anti-inflammatory effect, great for acne, when used in the proper percentages and doses.

I would not recommend salicylic alone or specific for lightening or to even skin tone.  A Jessner peel would be better.  I would also not recommend mixing with Hydroquinon, although using hydroquinone as a serum in your home care skin routine reaps great results in lightening and brightening the skin and reducing the appearance of hyperpigmentation.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Salacylic acid peels should not be combined with other ingredients

+1

Salacylic acid peels should not be combined with other ingredients. Since the new mixture may interact in deleterious ways an ingredient such as hydroquinone can be applied at home.

Chicago Dermatologist