Is 20 Mg/day of Oral Isotretinoin for Seb Derm with Underlying Rosacea Only on my Nose Too High of a Dose?

I am 21 years old, 150 lbs and have had this condition since I was 12 years old. I have tried almost every topical medication available and nothing has helped. I believe the underlying problem is the excessive oiliness that my nose produces, so I think the isotretinoin will help with that tremendously. I'm also using Promiseb twice daily and started using it the same day I started oral isotretinoin (Clarivis). I'd like to know if this treatment plan is on the right track. Is 20 mg too much?

Is 20mg/daily for Accutane appropriate dosage

+1

20mg of Accutane daily is a very low dosage. The only thing lower would be a 10mg dosage, but very few brands make this low dosage and so it can be harder to find at pharmacies. For most people 10mg is too low of a dosage anyway, and 20mg is usually preferable. If you have questions about your particular dosage, always discuss it with your physician.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.