20 Days Ago I Had a Tummy Tuck and 2 Sections Liposuction, on Day 12 After the Procedure, they Took out my 2 Drains?

Then after 3 days i went to see my ps and he had to drain my lower belly because I had liquid,(seroma), until today,every 2 or 3 day my ps had to do the same thing,actually he drain me 4 times already . I'm a little concern with it. Also I fell bloating and swelling . Can you tell me what is your opinion on it. Thank you very much.

+2

This is very common in tummy tuck surgery. The seroma should go away with repeated drainage. If it doesn't, other procedures can be undertaken. So far I agree with your care.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Seroma despite the use of drains after an abdominoplasty

+1

Your treatment seems appropriate.  It is possible that your drainage was low enough for the drains to be removed at day 12.  The treatment for a seroma is needle aspiration.  It may have to be done frequently until the problem is under control.