20 Days Post Op from a Full Tt and Still Draining 70 Ml Daily Removed Via Syringe. I Am Wearing Compression Garment. What Helps?

Seroma after Abdominoplasty

+3

You have a seroma.  This happens and will resolve.  The draining via aspiration is the correct treatment.  Abdominal compression and binder type garments are indicate. 99% will resolve with this Rx and you will be fine.  Rarely a drain is again placed but this is unlikely.  Do not be overly active.  Little walks fine but torsion type movements like swinging a golf club are a bad idea.  Be calm.  This will resolve.  Over 30 years I have of course seen this and all have resolved without a drain being necessary.  My Best,  Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post op full tt and still draining

+2

The best thing to do is to continue wearing your garment and keeping your activity to a minimum.  This is typical in patients who have lost a significant amount of weight or who are too active.  Although it's uncomfortable, try to be patient and continue to keep in contact with your surgeon.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Sedona after TT

+2

This is normal. Continue wearing garment and keep physical activity to a minimum. Will slow down and stop draining soon

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

20 Days Post Op from a Full Tt and Still Draining 70 Ml Daily Removed Via Syringe.

+1

If your surgeon is aspirating daily at three weeks, thought should be given to trying to sclerose the field by injecting through the same aspiration device either betadine, tetracycline or alcohol to discourage further drainage by encouraging the open areas to stick to one another.

All the best.  

Persistent seroma after an abdominoplasty

+1

If you are continuing to fill with seroma fluid despite frequent aspiration and compression then you may need to have another drain placed.