20 Days Post Op. Is It Too Early to Start Massaging my Scars? And When Will Swelling Decrease to be the Final Result? (photo)

I have 3 questions! I'm 20 days post Op (Breast Reduction), I was wondering if it is too early to start massaging my scars with creams? My second question is how long would it take for the swelling to go down? And my third question is if there's any chance for my breast to further reduce in size? Sorry for too many questions! Many Thanks in advance

Breast Reduction Swelling and Incision Line Care?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; based on the picture it appears that you are doing well. You may find that the breasts may “settle” and appear smaller/softer within the next few months.You may find that it will take several additional months before you see the final results of the breast reduction surgery. It will take several additional months for the swelling to completely subside.

In regards to incision line care, it is best for you to ask your plastic surgeon;  you will find that every surgeon has his/her preferences.  Out of respect for your surgeon (and considering that he/she is ultimately responsible for your outcome) you should follow his/her “protocol”.

Three weeks post surgery

+1

Questions regarding post-op care should really be addressed by your surgeon.  It looks like you are healing very nicely.

Recovery from Breast Augmentation

+1

Yes, it may take several weeks for the swelling to go down and the tissues to settle.  I suggest to may patients to start gentle massage the day after surgery.  However, you should consult with your surgeon and follow their directions.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD