Lump Still There After Rhinoplasty

It's been 20 days since I had an open rhinoplasty. I'm still noticing a lump I had prior to surgery. Is this normal?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Depends

+1

You are way too early post op.  The lump may resolve with time or get worse.  You cant judge a half baked cake.  See your doctor.  Ask him this question.  It may be swelling, or other issues.  But you cant do anything about it now anyway other than see your surgeon and see what he says.  Good luck. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Persis tent lump bump hump after nose job (rhinoplasty)

+1

This is very early to assess the results of your rhinoplasty procedure and I would adcise that you wait at least 6 months before planning any additional surgical procedures.

"Lump" after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is premature to evaluate your rhinoplasty result. Be patient until swelling resolves in 6-12 months, depending on where the "lump" is located. If your not satisfied, hopefully it will be a minor revision.

Nasal lump 3 weeks after rhinoplasty is normal.

+1

It takes 6-12 months for the swelling to totally resolve after a rhinoplasty. So you can relax and not worry.

Too early to tell

+1

Hard bony contours may be a bone spur or fragment on the bridge of your nose; however, even these soften with time. Fullness or lumpiness on the lower nose and tip usually resolve w/ compression exercises and normal healing. You'll get a better feel for final results after the 3 month point.

Cheers. Dr. G

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon