Lump Still There After Rhinoplasty

It's been 20 days since I had an open rhinoplasty. I'm still noticing a lump I had prior to surgery. Is this normal?

Persis tent lump bump hump after nose job (rhinoplasty)

+1

This is very early to assess the results of your rhinoplasty procedure and I would adcise that you wait at least 6 months before planning any additional surgical procedures.

"Lump" after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is premature to evaluate your rhinoplasty result. Be patient until swelling resolves in 6-12 months, depending on where the "lump" is located. If your not satisfied, hopefully it will be a minor revision.

Nasal lump 3 weeks after rhinoplasty is normal.

+1

It takes 6-12 months for the swelling to totally resolve after a rhinoplasty. So you can relax and not worry.

Too early to tell

+1

Hard bony contours may be a bone spur or fragment on the bridge of your nose; however, even these soften with time. Fullness or lumpiness on the lower nose and tip usually resolve w/ compression exercises and normal healing. You'll get a better feel for final results after the 3 month point.

Cheers. Dr. G

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon