I'm 20 and Have Bad Under Eye Wrinkles. How Do I Get Rid of Them?

I have really bad allergies and I'm allergic to cats. So whenever they kick in my eyes itch and I itch them. It wasn't until reasently I realized doing so wasn't such a good idea. And now that I have my allergies under control, I can't seem to get rid of them. I eat healthy, I drink lots of water, and I usually get 6-8 hours of sleep a night. I don't know why they look like they're getting worse. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

A dermatologist can see you and start some treatments.

+1

First, it is probably a good idea to speak to your primary care doctor about a referral to an allergist. With oral antihistamines, intranasal inhalers and maybe allergy shots then there is a good chance your allergies will calm down. Second, with calming your allergies then you will very likely be rubbing your eyes a lot less--as part of your condition is an irritant dermatitis (rash) and friction leading to discoloration and thickened skin. Third, a short course of topical steroids can help with the dermatitis, but don't use this longterm, so then switch over to a barrier eczema cream like Eletone longterm (twice a day). This should help a lot. You might also consider adding something like NeoCutis Lumiere eyecream--which has been studied to improve some evolving fine lines, wrinkles, discoloration. For older patients with prominent etched-in lines and creping, we can very effectively treat patients with lasers like fractionated ablative resurfacing lasers--and my preference would be the Palomar 2940 or the Sciton ProFractional.

Denver Dermatologic Surgeon

Lower eyelid wrinkles can be improved with combination therapy.

+1

Lower eyelid wrinkles are a complex problem stemming from a number of sources - including genetics (i.e. your parents have lower-lid wrinkles), age, lack of sleep, and occasionally the swelling cycle of allergies.

A number of approaches improve the appearance of lower-lid wrinkles.  These include skin care, protection, colour modification, augmentation, and resurfacing.  Skin care consists of an appropriate eyelid moisturizer, protection requires the use of sunscreen - either within your moisturizer or a separate cream, colour modification utilizes hydroquinone and/or resurfacing to remove under-eye darkness, augmentation involves the use of soft-tissue fillers (i.e. Juvederm/Restylane/etc.), and finally, resurfacing via a chemical peel or laser is the final step in improving upon skin wrinkles.  The first two approaches (care and protection) can be applied universally to anyone and should be used to prevent lower-lid wrinkles and/or help prevent substantial progression.  The final three techniques (colour modification, augmentation and resurfacing) require a through assessment and consultation as each comes with their own set of risks and benefits.  

With your allergies under control, it may be reasonable to consider some of the above treatments.  A consultation with a local eyelid specialist will help you become better informed about the options available to achieve your aesthetic goals.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Allergic eyes causing skin wrinkling

+1

We commonly see premature eyelid wrinkling in patients with allergies.  Every time the lids swell, it gets worse.  So the most important thing you can do is to get your allergies under better control.  If over the counter remedies are not sufficient, I would suggest you see an allergist.

As for the wrinkles that are already there, I would advise a good eyelid skin moisturizer and using a daily sunblock for your face.  Whether on not it is appropriate to do any more invasive procedures, such as laser skin resurfacing or fillers to get rid of wrinkles, could only be determined in person at a consultation.

Yoash R. Enzer, MD

Web reference: http://www.doctorenzer.com

Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

There are several options and obviously less invasive ones are the best for you. That will include injectables since in majority of younger persons with under eye fullness or wrinkling, the reason is lack of volume.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon