I'm 20 and Need Breast Lift, Which Technique am I a Candidate for? (photo)

My breast size is 34d, and i think they sag. The length between my nipple to sternal notch is 23.8cm ,and center of nipple to breast fold is 6.7cm. What kind of breast lift will fix my problem and leave the least scaring ?

Options for breast lift

+2

You may want to consider a small sub-pectoral implant instead of a lift.  The implant could be inserted through an incision in the areola. This approach can improve the gap between your areolas by excising skin medially to pull them in. Otherwise, I believe that a lift is not necessary for you at this present time. Best wishes, Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Options for breast lift

+2
I would strongly discourage you from having a breast lift. The photos you posted reveal the nipples to be well above the infra mammary crease, thus avoiding any need for a lift. You do have some loss of volume in the superior pole of the breast and a small implant would fill this in and also rotate the nipples forward, giving the illusion of a lift. If you are happy with your size, then do nothing.

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Breast LIft vs. Breast Augmentation.

+2

You absolutely do not need any type of breast lifting. You are one of those rare breast patients who thinks they need a lift when all they really need is volume enhancement. The key observation is that your nipple-areolar complex lies well above the lower breast fold. That is far more important than any type of measurements. Whether your breast augmentation is best done by an implant or fat injections is an interesting set of choices for you.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Pseudoptosis is attractive

+2

You have pseudoptosis, which is where the nipple and areola stay high and the risk of the breast droops a bit below.  Most plastic surgeons and non expert observes would agree that in young women that this is attractive.   Your breast may change with aging and pregnancy and you may consider an implant or peri areolar or circumvertical lift at that time.  For now, enjoy your attractive and scar free breasts with confidence.  Best wishes.

Mark D. Wigod, MD
Boise Plastic Surgeon

Your Breasts Are Not Sagging But They Are Deflated

+1
Thank you very much for your question and photographs.  As I see it, the problem is the definition of terms used when discussing breasts.  Sagging, droop, ptosis all refer to a situation where your breast tissue and/or nipple areolar complex hang below the fold at the bottom of your breasts known as the inframammary fold (IMF).  You have no sagging, droop, or ptosis.  On the other hand, you have no fullness in the upper quadrant of your breasts, and when you look down at your breasts, you see the missing upper portion which looks like sag to you.  This very much resembles a post pregnancy woman who has lost upper pole volume, and therefore often is referred to as deflation.  To give you back or create that missing portion of the breast, I and most other plastic surgeons would place a small silicone implant under the muscle to get rid of the appearance of deflation and augment the upper pole of your breast. 
A lift is meant to either move the nipple up and/or move sagging breast tissue up, and since your nipples are in a great location and since your breasts are not sagging, you don't need a lift. 
The least scarring augmentation, in my opinion, is transaxillary (through the armpit).  It is hidden from view, off the chest, and it follows Langer's lines (less visible).  Armpit skin is very thin, and the thinner the skin, the finer the scar.  Finally, no one, not even your mother, has ever intentionally looked in your armpits. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

+1

You do not need a breast lift

You need to be very clear as to what you wish to achieve and discuss this in detail with your plastic surgeon

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

How about a Fat Transfer

+1

Since I am answeringthis question after 23 other opinions I am going to plant a different seed. I agree strongly that you should NOT do a lift. Many others have suggested a breast implant. I would like to suggest that if you were willing to be evaluated for it, a fat transfer may be appropriate if you wanted to move up a half to as much as one cup size. There are some interesting controversies about this, will the fat last?, what happens if it goes away?Could this alter future mammography? All of these types of questions could be answered by a board certified plastic surgeon who believes in fat transfering. I do.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Breast lifting in young patient

+1

You do not need a breast lift at this time.  Your nipple areolar complex is in a very youthful position with the nipple position  higher than the fold of the breast.  A small subpectoral augmentation would help greatly  in establishing a more youthful shape for you.  A thorough evaluation by a board certified Plastic Surgeon should  clarify this for you.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Plastic Surgeon  Tampa

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Breast lifts and good breasts...

+1

It really depends on what you are trying to achieve.  As mentioned, you have youthful breasts in terms of the position of your npples but you don't have fullness of the upper poles.  If you're happy with your breast size, you would have to decide if the risks of a lift are worth it and will it achieve your goals reliably.  If you want to be larger, an implant would probably take care of most of your concerns.  You should discuss this in detail with your surgeon and come up with a plan that is agreeable to both of you.   And not having surgery is also a very good option, waiting until you age a bit more.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Lifting?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Based on your picture breast lifting is not necessary. You may benefit from in-person consultation with well experienced  board certified plastic surgeons.