2 Weeks Post-surgery. Are my Alars Swollen or Will is It the Final Shape?

Hi, Ive had a rhinopasty 2 weeks ago.. When my cast came off, my nose looked horrible.. Now when I examine my nose, I see that my alars are not proportional with my tip, just like the alars are even big as my tip.. Is this because of the swelling? Or is this the final shape? Please help me

Alar base reduction

+2

The swelling after alar base or nostril reduction takes quite a bit of time to resolve. At two weeks, it will appear very swollen--this will not be your final result. Usually, the alar base reduction starts to look good by about two months, and the best results are seen after about six months.

-Dr. Jamil Asaria

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and nostrils

+1

Dear JohnStock1,

• It is way too early to say for certain, just be patient
  • The nose will definitely, 100% swell asymmetrically, especially in the first month
  • If the nostrils were narrowed, the swelling will last longer
  • Please see your surgeon for reassurance

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD