2 Weeks Post Op from Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty, I Cannot Open my Eyes Completely. Is This Normal?

My eyes will open half-way, but not more. The area along the incision is still red and a little swollen, but I heard that 90% of swelling should be gone by now. does this mean I won't be able to open my eyes completely again? Any helpful advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Can't Open Eyes After Bleph

+1

If your eyelids are still swollen then the heaviness of the tissue may inhibit the complete opening of your eyelids. As the swelling gets better then the eyelids should open more.  Once all the swelling is gone and the eyelid still do not open all the way then reevaluation of the eyelid muscle should be done.

Dr. ES

Eye opening difficulty at two week after blepharoplasty

+1

At two weeks after a blepharoplasty, it is unusual for you not to be able to open your eyes fully. Best to see your doctor.

What you are describing is not normal.

+1

Please see what your surgeon says about this.  If their explanation does not make sense, you may need an urgent second opinion.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory on their website that can help you find an eyelid specialist in your area to see.

2 Weeks after Upper Eyelid Surgery - Cannot Open Eyes

+1

Without pictures, this question is difficult to answer.  You may still have a significant amount of swelling that is preventing complete eye opening.