2 Weeks Post Labial Reduction - Can I Stimulate my Clitoris?

I can't go any longer! is this safe as long as i stay away from the stitches?

Labiaplasty recovery and intimacy after surgeryr

The problem with labiaplasty recovery is that women need to manipulate the surgical site during their menstrual cycle or even for hygeine.  I encourage patients to be careful and to be mindful of the surgical site at all times for at least 8 weeks. 

Probably Safe

It is probably safe as long as you avoid the surgical areas. Follow your surgeons instructions about other sexual activity.  Good luck

Don't rush recovery following Labiaplasty

Only your plastic surgeon can answer this question as he/she knows the extent of your surgery, how well you are healing and your recovery process. A complication by injury even if inadvertent can prolong your recovery (then you will really be frustrated )

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Stimulate Clitoris after Labia Minora Reduction?

You will be best off running this question by your plastic surgeon; he/she will know whether work was done around the clitoral area. If so, you will be better off waiting to avoid manipulation of sutures and or increase risk of infection.

Clitoral stimulation after labiaplasty

The answer to your question depends on what was done at surgery.  If only your labia minora was reduced, clitoral stimulation (not intercourse) should be ok at this time.  However, if your surgeon also reduced a portion of your clitoral hood, you should check with his/her office first as you could irritate the scar.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon