2 Weeks Post Breast Reduction and Lift I Am Very Sore and Tight?

My breast tissue seems too tight especially in my cleavage area. Is this unusual and if so what complications should I look for?

Tightness After Breast Reduction

+2

What you are describing is very normal. Swelling can take about three months to completely subside. Eventually, everything will soften. However, it is still important to see your plastic surgeon to make sure that you are healing properly and that there are no other issues or infections occurring. 

Post-op breast reduction

+1

It is fairly common to be a bit tight after breast surgery. If you are overly concerned it is best to be examined in person by your doctor.

Soreness and Tightness after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on  having undergone the breast reduction procedure; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. Some degree of soreness and “tightness” is to be expected after breast reduction surgery;  the only way to know if what you are experiencing is “normal” or whether you may have experienced a complication is to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.  Direct physical examination will be necessary to provide you with precise information and/or meaningful reassurance.

Best wishes  for an uneventful recovery. Hopefully you will be very pleased with the end results of your procedure.

Pain and Tightness after Breast Reduction

+1

At 2 weeks postop from breast reduction surgery, soreness and tightness can be common. However, a good clinical exam is required in order to determine if you are experiencing normal postoperative symptoms. If there are concerns, then a follow up with your plastic surgeon is in order.

Thank you for your question! Best wishes!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Gregory Park, MD