1+ Years After First Neck Lift, 4 Months Post Second. Results Are Even Worse?

Had my 1st neck lift over a year ago. After two months, under my neck looked like my brains were under my neck. That went away, however left bagging skin. He did another surgery and now it is worse than ever. I am almost 4 months after my second one and my PS told me he had never seen anything like this. He states that there are huge areas of collegen build up. Have you ever heard of this? I have massage therapy and it looks the same. He now wants to just cut into the collegen to loosen it up.

Lumpiness under my neck after my second neck lift

+1

Without a picture it is difficult to say exactly what the issue is in the neck. My suspicion is that it is scar tissue that is gradually healing. This can be especialy pronounced if you had a seroma or a hematoma following surgery. I would massage the tissue and be patient. Many times the irregularities will resolve given time. Ultherapy would be another option if the swelling does not improve but, again, I would give it a few more months.

Lumpy neck

+1

Although it is hard to tell without seeing your pictures what you are describing is possibly scar tissue and time and massage should improve it to some extent.  it would be wise to avoid further surgery till the scar have softened.

Sam Naficy, MD

Irregular Neck

+1

As others have stated, I would not have more surgery at this time. Massage and time to see if it does not improve. Hopefully not too much fat was removed from your neck. Regardless, I would wait longer.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Unfavorable result after neck lift X 2

+1

This is a new one on me to be quite honest.

I would recommend waiting a bit longer before doing anything.  I would also suggest a second opinion before anything else.

I am wondering about the procedure itself. Was a drain used?  Was there a seroma or fluid collection?

Again, get a few consultations with real evaluations to see what the real problem is.  The doctor may be great and have done a great job and you may just have some type of healing issue that you should know about.  Who can say, but you should get answers first.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Lumpy scars after facelift

+1

Lumpiness of the neck is expected after Facelift Surgery.  I like how you put it: "brains" under my neck.  That is typical and may last for a month or more.  Assuming you didn't experience a complication after your surgery (specifically, a hematoma) this will diminish in time and the neck skin will smooth out.  

After a second surgery, the healing time will be prolonged.  I would urge you to give it another 2-4 months.  It will only improve.  If it is scar tissue (collagen) that's causing the problem, a steroid injection may help.  Other options are aggressive massage and ultrasound therapy.  I'd keep surgery as a last resort.

Andrew Winkler, MD
Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rippling 4 months after second facelift.

+1

You need to see a very experienced facelift surgeon. You should give ultrasound a try for several weeks and no surgery for at least 4 more months.