2 Months Post Op, Worried I May Have Shifted my Chin Implant?

I am two months post op for a small chin implant and I noticed I still have a slight double chin so I looked up facial exercises I could do to reduce it. Without thinking I did them such as putting your head back and opening and closing your mouth and well as bring the lower jaw forward and back with the head back. I didn't notice and discomfort at first but the next day my chin was so sore and even eating was a bit painful. It has been a week and it has not gotten any better, have I shifted it?

Shifting a chin implant

+2

Don't worry, it is very unlikely that you shifted your implant doing facial exercises. It takes a significant amount of force to move an implant, as it is securely in place following surgery. It is not abnormal to be a bit sensitive after two months, and the soreness you are feeling does not necessarily mean anything was moved out of place. While you continue to heal, I would avoid doing anything that makes the area uncomfortable. The soreness is your body's way of letting you know that it's just a little bit much at this stage. I would recommend consulting your surgeon regarding his or her guidelines. Congratulations on having the surgery, I'm sure your profile looks fantastic. I hope this helps, and good luck with the rest of your recovery!

Unlikely to have shifted your chin implant

+2

Two months postoperatively  it is unlikely that your chin implant has shifted.  I think it would be a good idea to see your surgeon about the persistant pain.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant displaced?

+2

From your description, I think it would be unlikely that you caused your implant to move with the exercises you did.  At two months following the procedure, the implant should be fairly stable and would require a lot of force to move it.  It's more likely that the muscles in the area just got sore from your exercises.  It would be a good idea to see your surgeon though, just to be sure.

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon