2 Months Post-op Swollen, Uneven and a Rubbery Feeling to my Implant? (photo)

My left breast is sitting even lower than it was 3 weeks ago, and it's more swollen on the side, to the touch it feels as if liquid bubbles are popping, a squishy rubber texture, while my right breast feels fine. My left breast feels noticeable heavier as well. PRE-BA both of my breasts were VERY symmetrical. I am afraid my left breast is infected or beginning to bottom out, and I will not be able to see a qualified doctor for months. PRE-OP 32A, SALINE UNDERS L:375CC R:365CC

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation

+1

Although breasts frequently have asymmetry prior to breast augmentation, sometimes breast augmentation patients can develop a bottomed out look.  If the implant seems lower on one side than the other, please see a plastic surgeon.  Bottoming out is not an emergency, but taping the fold may help in certain instances.

Unevenness?

+1

Thanks for your post. I can see some asymmetry and it sounds like you are feeling part of your saline breast implant on the left side. Your concerns about the left breast should be evaluated sooner as opposed to later. Most physicians would appreciate a call and likely give you an earlier appointment under the circumstances. Good luck - Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Post op asymmetry

+1

I can see some asymmetry in size, but not in position of the implants, and obviously I cannot comment on what you are feeling based on a photo alone. Your only option is to find a surgeon in your area to see.

Post op

+1

it is unfortunate that you are unable to see your doctor for months. Healing does take many months and you are still in the healing phase of recovery

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Rubbery Feeling of Breast After Augmentation

+1

Hello.

Thank you for sharing your photo along with your post.

Without the full details of your surgery and a physical examination/ consultation, it is not possible to provide you with a solid answer to what you have descried in your post.

At 3 weeks post-op, it is hard to determine the results with your arms fully raised.

Nonetheless, it may be important to check with a plastic surgeon especially if your discomfort progresses.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Implant issues

+1

For whatever reason I am not sure why you can't see your surgeon. Were they done over seas?  Or far away from your home?  That is the problem with medical tourism.  How do you get adequate post-op care?  Best to "take the hit," and pay for a consultation with a plastic surgeon locally to ease your mind. Good luck.

Post-op breast augmentation

+1

Your photo does not show any obvious problem when comparing the right to the left. You should be able to see a Plastic Surgeon if you feel there is a problem, but realize they will will not heal/drop at exactly the same rate.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Not sure without exam

+1

I'm not sure why you can't see a qualified physician for a few months, but I would urge you to see one sooner than that, if at all possible.  You may just have scar tissue acting differently on that side, or you may have a real issue that needs to be addressed.  The photo doesn't show any obvious problem, but that doesn't mean there's not one.  Best wishes!

Carmen Kavali, MD

Concerns after your breast augmentation

+1

It is impossible to know exactly what is going on without an examination. You may have scar tissue or implant malpostiion. You also may just be feeling the edge of a normal saline implant. Either way, you need to see someone for exam. I am not quite sure why you say that it will be months before you are able to see a qualified doctor. You should find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and make an appointment. 

Matthew Schulman, MD