2 Months and 5 Days Post Op Breast Augmentation and Left Breast Higher Than Right? (photo)

My left breast is significantly higher than my right. I am very concerned as to whether my right is bottoming out or if my left just hasnt completed dropping? Or if this is permanent and needs revision? I am very small at 4'11 and 109lbs. Also my left breast is 25 cc's more than my right...could that be a factor? Thanks! very worried girl........

Breast Asymmetry After Surgery

+1

Dear Krista,

Thank you for posting your photo along with your post.

It seems that the breast asymmetry you are experiencing is due to difference in settling into their natural place.

Unfortunately, without knowing the details of your surgery and analyzing your pre-op photos it is hard to determine the exact reason causing the asymmetry.

Potential causes may include smaller left pocket, capsular contracture, etc.

At this point, I would advise you to be patient and keep an open communication with your surgeon following his/her instructions religiously.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Problem with the Implant Positions

+1

Based on your photo, the right breast shape is fine. The left breast is fuller at the upper portion of the breast because your Infra-Mammary Folds (IMF) on the left is higher than the right. Sometimes displacement massage can stretch out the lower breast tissue/skin and drop the IMF to some degree. This will help the implant settle. In some cases revision surgery is required to lower the IMF on the side that is too high. However, since you are only 2 months out from surgery, I recommend displacement massage on the left breast alone for now. Follow up with your plastic surgeon to see if this is something that he/she would recommend. If this doesn't help in a couple of months, then talk to your doctor about the surgical option.

Thank you for your question and photo. Best of luck!

Gregory Park, MD

Asymmetry

+1

Your pictures are taken at an angle so it is difficult to be very precise. A 25 cc. difference in volume is not significant. I really cannot appreciate any significant difference with the photo you have supplied.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Volume asymmetry is the prevailing reason for the breast imbalance in this photo.

+1

I don't see any evidence of "bottoming out" in the photo and the inframammary folds are not visible.  To my eye, it looks like the left breast is just bigger.

Accurate assessment of what is going on would also require the preoperative photos

+1

Thank you for the question and the photo.  You are correct your left breast does appear to be larger and have more upper pole fullness than your right breast.  The distance between your lower breast fold and your nipple is different between your left and right breast however.  A physical examination as well as comparison with your preoperative photos would help diagnose what the problem as well as the intended solution would be.

All the best

Dr. Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD

Don't worry

+1

It is understandable that you are "very worried", but there is still plenty of time for things to settle into place and even out.

Yes, the extra 25cc's may be a factor. Your breasts must have been asymmetrical before surgery for your surgeon to have used 25cc more on the left, so it is not surprising for them to heal asymmetrically and at different paces. 

Your breast skin and muscle are still tight and the implants have not completely settled into their final position. The appearance is excellent for being 2 months postop. Expect them to continue to improve and even out. Talk to your surgeon about a game plan for when to reevaluate the symmetry.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Left Breast Higher Than Right

+1

In this view, the left does look a bit higher, Your arms are not even (standard for this photo would be at your sides) so it is hard to tell how different they really are. The photo is also not exactly square--your body (or the camera) is a bit tilted, making the assessment difficult. 

Saying that , it is not uncommon for implants that appear to be uneven early on turn out to be quite symmetric after they have settled in place.

Continue massage and any other instructions from your surgeon, and discuss with your  surgeon what you describe here. 

Thanks for your question, and best wishes.