2 Month Post Op Swelling?

The past 2 months have been very.. inconsistent to say the least. It started with a small bump. I was worried that he didn't shave the bump down enough. But it started to go down every day. It's pretty much gone now. But now it seems to have moved a little lower down. When I massage/press on my nose, it looks great. Problem is, it almost always looks a TINY bit droopy/bumpish when I don't press on it. I heard most swelling is gone by 2 months. It feels very 'spongy'. When will it go away? :(

2 Months Postop Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+1

The swelling you describe is a component of the normal healing process.  Everyone will be different, but the improvement with compression indicates swelling.  Give yourself a year to assess results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Nasal swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Nasal swelling can be persistent for months after rhinoplasty surgery. Give it a year for the swelling to go away.

2 Month Post Op Swelling?

+1

Most post op Rhinoplasty swelling takes 6 months to go away with the majority occurring in the first several months.  The fact that you are only 2 months post op and that the area decreases with manipulation indicates this is continued swelling.  You might ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon for specific instructions at this point.  We have all our Rhinoplasty patients perform daily manual lymphatic drainage of their nose to reduce swelling.