2 Lumpectomy Surgeries on Right Breast then 6 Weeks of Radiation - Surgeon First Looked at my Belly Than Said Just a Lift?

Will there under each brest, up to the nipple and around the nipple)

Breast reconstruction for lumpectomy defect?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question! Contour deformities or asymmetry between size/shape of the other breast following lumpectomy and radiation may occur after everything settles and is not an uncommon scenario following lumpectomy. There are several options to ameliorate this and you should discuss your options with your plastic surgeon to determine which option would be best for you. It is recommended to wait approximately 6 months to one year after your radiation therapy is completed before considering any reconstructive procedure on the breast.

Typically, implants in the setting of an irradiated breast has higher rates of complication, including infection, wound complications, capsular contracture, etc. Many surgeons, including myself, have placed implants to improve symmetry in these instances with excellent results. However, if your deformity is a contour issue with a soft tissue deficiency, placing an implant beneath the breast may actually worsen the deformity as it is not addressing the issue to "fill" the defect. For such problems, it may be a wiser decision to consider fat grafting for smaller defects, where fat is harvested for another area of your body and then reinjected into the defect, thus adding volume as well as having the added properties of fat graft stem cells. Autologous flaps such as local tissue, TAP, or LDMF may be needed for larger soft tissue defects. Of course, reduction of the other breast to create symmetry is an option, or a combination of procedures on both breasts. Best wishes!

Beast lift surgery and radiation

+1
I am trying understand the sequence of surgeries and radiation. Did you have two lumectomies and a lift at the same time and then your going to have radiatioon therapy? 

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Lift after lumpectomy and radiation?

+1

HI,

Unfortunately it is impossible to give you very much information without seeing a picture of you. Please be aware, however, that radiation puts you at significantly increased risk of wound healing complications and adverse outcome if you choose to have a breast lift.

Regards,

Daniel A. Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon