I'm 5'2" and 119lbs. I Am in a 32G Bra, Im 23 Years Old. My Back and Shoulders Are in Constant Pain?

How do i go about having a breast reduction and seeing if my insurance would pay for it. Is there anything else i can do other than the surgery? Help!

Insurance Coverage

+1

Every insurance plan has their own unique criteria on whether they will cover a breast reduction.  More and more, we are seeing plans where a breast reduction is not a covered benefit.  If it is a covered benefit, some insurance plans set a minimum required amount of tissue to be remove in order to met their threshold for coverage.  Some set the amount in relation to your BMI (height and weight).  Others require extensive medical records documenting neck pain, back pain, and history of rashes.   The other alternative is to opt for a breast reduction as a self-pay option.   Start by visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

I am in a 32G Bra, how do I get a Breast Reduction?

+1

Breast Reductions are a tricky business in Louisiana. As a practicing PS in the area there are many insurance plans that exclude Breast Reductions as part of the policy. Many surgeons, including myself , will help you file for reimbursement from your insurance company after your procedure. It is a difficult process but BR patients are among the happiest. Good luck!

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Back pain and large breasts

+1

It sounds like you are an ideal candidate for breast reduction surgery. And, assuming that your back pain is caused by your large breasts as is probably, this surgery will probably cure your back pain. You should seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in your area who will also be able to help determine insurance coverage for you. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

+1

At a G cup with your height and weight, you are an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation who can explain the surgery as well as the insurance authorization process.  Unfortunately, there is no solution other than surgery to alleviate your musculoskeletal complaints.

Breast Reduction Candidacy

+1

Assuming that you are in good health, you should be an excellent candidate for breast reduction.  Wearing a 32G bra, it is unlikely that anything else is going to improve your symptoms.  Get a consult with a BC plastic surgeon who can communicate with your insurance co. re coverage.

Breast reduction and Insurance Coverage?

+1

Breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. By removing “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and breast skin  this operation reduces and lifts the breasts to a higher position on the chest wall. By doing so, patients often find improvement in neck, back, and shoulder discomfort and find it easier to form their activities of daily living and exercise.

Timing of the operation will depend on the patient's life circumstances. In general, it is best to do this procedure ( like all other elective body contouring the stages,  when patients have reached their long-term stable weights.  In doing so, improve the safety of the procedure and minimizes the need for further surgery ( in the event of weight gain/loss after the breast reduction procedure).

The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.

This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.  Prepare to be persistent when dealing with insurance companies and the authorization process.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Large breasts and back pain

+1

It sounds as though you are an ideal candidate for breast reduction surgery.Your insurance company may or may not cover this needed operation.Physical therapy to strenghten your back, and expensive bras may provide some relief but that only treats the symptom, not the problem. The longer you carry your heavy breasts the more symptomatic you will become. Because so many patients in Louisiana have policies that exclude breast reduction we do offer this procedure in our accredited outpatient fality. As a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon practicing for 28 years in the area I can concur that my breast reduction patients are my happiest!

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon