2 1/2 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty Operation. Is This Possibly Swelling? (photo)

My nose looks fantastic in profile, but I am a little concerned about how it looks from the front. I'm aware that swelling will take many months to settle down and it's too soon to judge the final result, but I am quite worried that I may have an open roof deformity or something similar. I can't feel a gap in the bone nor any hard ridges along the side, but the bridge is quite wide and flat, particularly considering I had a narrow bridge before. Is this possibly still swelling along the sides?

Thanks for the series of posted photos. Though it is very early post operatively I believe your result especially the tip will not be to your satisfaction. Revision plans for 6 months following this operation should be considered. Seek in person second opinions. 

Swelling after rhinoplasty

Yes, the tip is very swollen and will resolve very slowly.  The skin of the nose is like no other on the body.  It holds water like a sponge and takes weeks to months to resolve.  Patience is your friend.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS
Champaign Plastic Surgeon