1 Year Post-Op Breast Augmentation and Breasts are Bottom Heavy, Normal? (photo)

I am now one year post operation and my breast are bottom heavy. I have been having problems with my nipples popping out of my bras, my scars show, and there isn't a crease or natural sag in my breast. Is this normal? What is going on and what would be the best solution to these issues. Every photo I have seen of breast augmentations show the nipple lower, the scars hidden, and there is a natural sag. I don't even have one and it has been a year now. Please help.

Implants bottoming out

+2
You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Your photos suggest that your implants have mild bottoming out. It is possible to raise the inframammary folds from the outside approach or doing an internal approach this possible use of an acellular dermis like material to provide support. There is risk of recurrence with either approach. The round appearance of your breasts is not unusual. This depends on how you heal the implants in place. Some women look like two half grapefruits on their chest while others look more sloping or tear drop.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Bottomed out implants

+2

Your breast implants have bottomed out a bit.  This can happen especially with the bigger heavier implants often used these days.  Either leave it alone or seek a revision in which the pocket is repaired. This can be done with stitches or in some cases with a material called Strattice which is pig skin without any cells in it.

As for "natural sag" I don't really know what you mean by that.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS