1yr Ago I Had a Full Anchor Lift Areola Reduction and Implants. What Can I Expect From a Change to HP w/ 100cc Increase? (photo)

Natrelle Mod.unders L360cc/400ccR..If u c my bfore pic we will agree my doc did a great job but My implants look flat almost no projection..Doc wanted to be able to remove as much bad skin as possible so advised me not to go to big the first x around but a yr later I don't like the pancake look.. NOW doc will change them to MentorHP 500cc overfillg to 525cc n scar rev this x he will place same size bags..Scared I will get the ball look that I DON'T want..what do u think of the change in profile?

Implant size change

+1
By changing from a moderate profile implant to high profile you will narrow the breast base and add projection.  If you increase the volume by 100cc, you will narrow the breast only slightly but you will increase the projection substantially and add almost one cup size of volume.  Good luck.

Switching to high profile implants

+1
The high profile implants will likely give you more projection as you desire. At 100cc increase you are adding about a half cup size in volume, but this may not change your bra size a half cup size, depending on the bras you wear. As for the look, this is not entirely predictable. Some women end up looking like they have two half grapefruits on their chest and some look more natural or tear drop in shape. This depends on how your body heals the implants in place.
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Larger Breast Implants

+1

Hello Valentina12,

Your desire to have a more projecting breast is very common for many women after breast augmentation.  This is what leads them to get ever larger and higher profile implants.  Looking at your preoperative photo shows the tremendous change you've already gotten.  Your implants are already large, and you are already experiencing a subtle problem: one of them has 'slipped' to a lower position. You are only one year out, and more late term problems can occur, namely excessive tissue thinning and rippling.

I think that your concern about a ball look is valid, and the risk of that happening with 500 + cc HP implants is very real. You should seriously reconsider taking your doctor's offer of going bigger.

Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com

Breast Implant Re-do larger

+1

That's exactly what you need. No you won't get a ball look. Make them both the same size this time.

Dr Foster

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Revision of breast lift

+1

If you want more projection centrally then you will need to increase the central projection either with larger implants or higher profile implants.  I am always concerned when a lift patient wants to go with larger implants because the recurrence rate of the drooping increases and you will be back again in a short time with the same concerns. 

I would suggest going with high profile implants of the same volume that you have on the right, 400cc.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

What Can I Expect From a Change to HP w/ 100cc Increase?

+1

I do not agree that you have a "pancake" look now. Your surgeon did a nice job of breast lift with augmentation. I do think your right breast looks larger (assuming that is your right breast and we are not looking at a mirror image photo).  If you want to be significantly larger, as in 100 cc larger, then you may need to go to a high profile implant just so the implant width is not too wide for your breast and chest.  You will get more projection, of course.  Also keep in mind that saline implants that are large may have more long term issues with breast tissue stretching and thinning.

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-surgery.html

Revision augmentation and lift

+1

Your surgeon did a fine job with your first surgery. You should talk to your surgeon about your goals and see if they can be achieved. Good luck.

Revision Breast Augmentation and Breast Lifting Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Your plastic surgeon has done a nice job for you.  If you are seeking revisionary breast surgery be careful that you communicate your goals very clearly.  For example, in your description you state that you wish you had more projection but do not want the “ball look”;  you can see how these words can be confusing/misleading and difficult to interpret.

Once you are clear in your own mind what you are trying to achieve, communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “projecting”  or “pancakes”  or “balls” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

100 cc more...

+1

Generally, switching to a HP implant gives more roundness in the upper part of the breast, and more forward projection.  Looking at your photos, I would respectfully disagree with your comment about the "pancake look" - you certainly have some good fullness already.

If you want to be about 1/2 to 3/4 cup size larger, and have more of the "push-up bra" look, then sure, you can consider switching to this implant....but your result now is good.