1 Month P/O and I Feel As if my Nipple Scar Tissue Attached to Muscle

I had surgery and right boob has always been a bit of trouble since the surgery, its been harder and higher and when I massage it it moves everywhere but down , when I push on the implant down doesnt move down at all, it forms a really hard area on the bottom of my breast area and the boob is a bit oddly shaped as if its stuck. I feel that the nipple scar tissue around the aereola is stuck to the muscle. I go to my doc tues. What shld I say to him to make him go back in there and unstick it????

Scarring of breast

+1

Without an exam it is difficult  for me to tell you what is going one, but it is very possible to have scar tissue from under the nipple to the udnelrying tissue, especially if that incision was used.

Tethered nipple areolar incision scar following breast implant augmentation

+1

I have seen this on a few occasions.  Options for correction include subcisions with fat grafting or excision with layered repair.

Waiting is sometimes the best option

+1

At this point, it's too early to do anything. At one month post-surgery, you need to give yourself time to heal. You trusted this surgeon enough to operate on you, now you need to trust in their judgment on how you are healing. Swelling and tightness take several months to resolve. This "stuck" nipple may completely resolve in 4 to 6 weeks at which point you would be happy you did not incur the costs of surgery/anesthesia/etc. Give it time and patience and trust in your surgeons experience.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Scar tissue after breast augmentation

+1

I wouldn't say anything to your doctor to make them do anything. You need to trust their judgement in doing what is best for you, based on your exam. One month is too soon, in my opinion, to consider reoperation. Implant dropping, settling, and softening can take 2-6 months, so you will continue to experience appearance and feel changes until then. Be patient! It is also normal to feel a ridge of firmness (scar tissue) at the site of the incision. This goes away and softens to normal with time. Massage and a light pressure bandage over the affected side may help. 

Hayley Brown, MD