Normal Healing for Suture Line? 2 Weeks Post OP. (photo)

I had an open rhino/septo 2 weeks ago and it was a very difficult long procedure. My doctor told me once he opened me up he had to rebuild the left side of my nose (which im not surprised because my nose before was all kinds of crooked & wacky). My main concerns are the suture line is incorrect and will heal malformed & my nose is not lined up with my "lip dip", also the nostrils appear much larger on one side. Please give me your honest opinion here as to if I got a botched nose job.

Normal healing

+2

You are very early in the process and given the amount of work and problems you describe you do not appear to have any unusual problems. If you were very crooked before then your nostrils were likely not symmetric as well and will not be so afterward. Also your nose appears very straight now but your face may be asymmetric (most are) so the difference is noticeable to you. Be patient and follow your doctor's advice.

West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Results 2 Weeks After Surgery

+2

One of the more common questions on this website is about the progress of recovery in the early healing phases of Rhinoplasty.  As participating Surgeons in RealSelf, we have no knowledge of your preoperative condition and knowledge of your procedure.  What we do know is that 2 weeks is very, very early in the healing process and I would not render any judgment on your current appearance.  At this point, I would rely on the care and reassurance of your Surgeon.  If you aren't pleased in 6-9 months, other opinions will be more helpful.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery 2 weeks after septorhinoplasty

+2

Honestly, it is way too early to judge the results of your septorhinoplasty as you still have quite a bit of swelling present.  The swelling is to be expected at this point and it can take several weeks to months for the swelling to subside.  Complete healing can sometimes take 6-12 months.  I would say at this point, nothing looks out of the ordinary and you just need to give it more time to heal.  Be sure to keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon so that your progress can be monitored.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Normal Healing for Suture Line? 2 Weeks Post OP.

+1

Appears normal but ONLY in person examination of the nasal incision can allow a more definitive answer. 

Too early to judge the results after a rhinoplasty

+1

You are very early in the healing process and the irregularities that you are noticing are more likely due to swelling than anything else.  The nostril size differences are also due to swelling.  It will take you another 6 months before you can begin to judge your result.