Im 19 Years Old Wanting Breast Implants but Im Not Sure if It Will B Safe?

i weigh 122 after having my son a year ago. my breast droop a little. an im unhappy with my cup size now. i've never been a c cup an thats what im wanting to be. should i do the surgery or not?

Want Breast Implants, is it safe?

+1

Breast Augmentation is a safe procedure when performed by a BC PS, patients are typically very happy with the results although their can be emotional swings after any surgery that alters your appearance, I recommend you find a PS that you are comfortable with and confident with his results. Good luck!

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

Breast augmentation is a safe procedure.  It, like any procedure, has some small risks.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Safety of Breast Implants

+1

Breast implants are perfectly safe but they are medical devices that have some long-term considerations. The choice to have breast augmentation is a personal one, not a medical decision. At 19 years of age, you are able to get saline breast implants (not silicone) which will not last for the rest of your life. They will eventually fail (deflate) and need to be replaced, which is a well known feature of saline breast implants.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Breast augmentation

+1

The choice to proceed with a breast augmentation is yours. If you have specific questions you should go for a consultation.

Hello

+1

Having surgery at 19 is a good age and it is safe. It all depends where you go for your surgery. The only thing is that you will only be able to get Saline implants and not Silicone. If you are drooping a little a lift can be possible. Make sure you go to a Certified Plastic Surgeon and that you have a Certified Anesthesiologist.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation is safe for you

+1

Particularly after pregnancy breast augmentation will resore volume and improve the shape of the breast. Augmentation is a safe procedure, and most who choose implants will keep them their entire life. They will not interfere with further pregnancies, and will not impact breast feeding or examination. A submuscular saline implant is the best start.

Is BA safe?

+1

Breast augmentation is a very safe procedure but you have to be comfortable with the decision and confident with your surgeon.  Although it is a short procedure, it is still surgeryand all surgeries have risks.  I would recommend consulting more than one plastic surgeon and go with who you feel the safest.  This is an important decision that only you can make, but your plastic surgeon can provide you accurate data that can assist in your choice.  I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation is very safe

+1

Ultimately you have to decide if surgery is right for you. I think from what you've described it sounds very reasonable to consider elective breast augmentation with a small implant. This will give you the added fulness you desire.  The surgery should only be done by a board certified plastic surgeon, and it is an outpatient short procedure with a fast recovery.  I hope this helps!

James F. Boynton, MD

Breast Augmentation Safe for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question.  Undergoing breast augmentation is a very personal decision that only you can make after very careful consideration of your goals,  timing of the surgery ( for example in relation to additional pregnancies), and after carefully weighing the pros/cons of the procedure. Furthermore, you should do your due diligence and weigh the advantages of having breast augmentation ( possible lifting) versus the potential risks/complications associated with the procedure.

You may find that consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons will help you learn more about the procedure and the potential downsides of the procedure.It will be up to you to do your due diligence in the process of plastic surgeon selection. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

Thinking about breast implants.

+1

Hannah:

Whether you should have breast enhancement surgery is the decision that only you can make for yourself. 

There are risks with any surgery or other medical intervention. Those of us to do this type of surgery obviously feel that the risks are outweighed by the benefits. Several large safety studies were administered by the Food and Drug Administration before the current generation of silicone gel implants were restored for general use.

I think your best bet to start this process is to have a consultation with board certified plastic surgeon at which time you can review the benefits and risks, consider them, and reach a decision.

Thanks for your question and best wishes.