Want Big Round Fake Stripper Look - 19 Years Old

19 years old, 110 pounds..boob job- I want to do about 550-650cc high profile saline. I love the big round fake stripper look. Im a 32b now..I know some doctors wont go that big..but Ill be very disappointed if Im paying all this money and Im not getting what I want..I know some women who have gotten 500cc and went from a B cup to a full D and I know others that have had 450cc and went from a B cup to a DDD. I want a full DD. what cc do you recommend? thank you for your advice in advance:)

You should get what you want

As long as what you are asking for is not harmful for you, you should be able to pick out what YOU want.  There certainly is some debate by Board Certified Plastic Surgeons that bigger implants cause more complications.  It is true that the thinner the tissue, the more asymetries you see like rippling.  There are consequences for your life that will be affected by your decisions.  Measurments as to your breast width, and soft tissue coverage are very important as to what is best, or at least reasonable to you.  Keeping all that in mind, you are the consumer, and a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon should be able to help you acheive what you desire within reason after a good physical exam.  Good Luck in your search. 

Big implants!!!

Large implants do have their problems.  Not only do they have a higher rate of capsular contracture (getting hard), they also have a higher rate of rupture and displacement.  They also tend to look ripply in certain positions, especially if you don't have a lot of natural breast tissue to cover them.  THERE IS A SOLUTION.  Use a smaller implant and add your own fat via fat grafting into the breast tissue over the implant.  Makes them a bit more natural looking and with less risk for all the complications listed above.  Also if you ever decide to go smaller in the future it is less likely for your breast to be disfigured from excessive stretching from a very large implant.

Leif L. Rogers, MD, FACS

Large volume breast implants

There is no specific volume of implant that can be considered "too big", since each patient has a unique anatomy.  However, if the implants are too large for your tissues, you could experience more problems and complications in the future due to the skin being stretched out too much.

Don't be too consumed with a specific number of cc's that you want, but rather, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and convey your desires and goals.  Your surgeon will give you guidance and hopefully use good judgment to arrive at an appropriate size for your body. There are great surgeons in the Memphis, TN area.

William Bruno, MD

Bigger is not always better

My first question to you is why do you want to do this? Choosing a "big round fake stripper look" when you are 19 years old has a number of consequences. Generally speaking, the bigger the implants the bigger the problems. You can always find someone to gives you what you want, but that is not the mark of a quality surgeon. There is a lot of judegement involved in getting a beautiful result.  For someone who weighs 110 pounds and has a 32 inch chest circumference, placing 550-600 cc implants could give you a "uni-boob" look. Your skin can only hold so much volume, and when you try to stuff it past capacity the middle can lift up and make it look like the breasts are connected into one. Also, the bigger the implants the more you stretch your skin, and the more pressure you place against your own tissues. The stretching and thinning effects can be permanent. At 19, you may not be thinking about drooping of your breasts, but this too is a concern with time. Breast implants are not a lifetime device, and this will not be your last surgery. Surgery is not something you can take back, and can leave permanent effects even if you take the implants out later. Please think about what it is you really want. If you are interested in a DD bra cup size, in a petite woman this can be accomplished with less volume. You cannot compare the implant volume between friends. There are many other factors involved in choosing an implant or reaching a certain cup size. Each body is different. I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon in person to really evaluate your goals. Good luck!

Anita Patel, MD

Big Round Implants

First of all, remember that you can request a certain look, but this does not correlate with the exact bra size.  Every bra manufacturer makes their DD a bit different from somebody's else's DD.    It is impossible to tell you over the Internet or even in person which size implant will produce which size bra.  While you can go as large as you want, you do put yourself at risk for problems as the other surgeons have suggested.

Steven Holzman, MD

Seeking the big round fake look

If you are serious about  a very large and 'fake' augmentation, you should be very careful about what you ask for. Big and round is OK, as is a very full volume, but you can only have what your current breast and skin envelope will accommodate without a double bubble, symmastia, or a very thinned out breast, a 'balloon breast'. You do suggest a 'stripper' look, and very many do not look all that fake, and many who perform, even in the adult film industry, would wish to look attractive. Bring your ideas in for your consultation, size is only a number, and keep focused on the long term impact of your decision.

Big fake implants have more risks for sure

Don't be short sighted here.  First of all, nobody can give you a translation of cup sizes from implant volume.  Go for the look you want and whatever bra fits afterward, that is the right size.  But know that overly stretching the tissues will have many consequences like thinning of the skin and breast tissue, saggy skin if they ever are removed, perhaps an impact on breast feeding, increases risks of permanent numbness, more problems with implant malposition, perhaps more capsular contractures etc.  Other than getting the "look" you want, all you do with huge implants is add risks.

Large Implants--Use 3D Imaging to define CC's

One of the most important decisions facing breast augmentation patients is the size of breast implants that will be used.Most patients are striving for harmony, balance, and proportion with surrounding anatomic structures.Typically, they want a natural look, with some fullness in the upper breast areas.Occasionally, women desire accentuated upper pole breast fullness.
The patient consultation is the starting point for their decision and every effort should be made to have good communication.Most patients tend to speak in terms of cup size.Unfortunately, cup size isn’t always helpful because manufacturers of bras label their products differently and women don’t always wear their bras the same way.In other words, some women wear their bras snugly, while others wear them loosely.This creates communication problems when talking cup size.
In an effort to determine breast size in a more objective manner, we utilize external silicone sizers and the Vectra 3D computer imaging system.External silicone sizers are designed to sit on top of the patient’s breasts.They can be held against the patient’s chest or placed inside the patient’s bra.This technique helps the patient visualize what their breasts will look like with a specific sized implant.It also gives them a sense of the volume that will sit on their chest wall and how it feels.
The 3D Vectra imaging system is a relatively new technology that we have found to be extremely helpful for determining breast implant size.This system allows a patient to visualize different sized implants on their actual body.Patients find this to be extremely helpful.
The ability to visualize your projected surgical result alleviates much of the anxiety associated with this procedure.We feel that both the use of the external silicone sizers and 3D Vectra systems accomplishes this goal.It’s important to remember that final adjustments in the size of breast implants will ultimately be made in the Operating Room, depending upon anatomic factors.

Implant Selection Process

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Best shaped breast for you?

Dear Chelsblair,

My dad always told me that the customer is always right.  This assumes that the customer is apprised of the implications of his or her purchase.  You and your Plastic Surgeon can choose the volume in order to get what you want.   What you need to consider is the unintended consequences of large high profile implants on your breast soft tissue envelope.  On the short term all will be fine.  On the long term I would expect attenuation or thinning of your breast tissue which is irreversible and can be devastating.

There are some patients who can do well with larger implants but usually over time the changes are significant to your detriment. 

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon