I'm Almost 19 Years Old. Is It Okay for Me to Get Breast Implants?

I want to have the procedure done but, I've been told that a females breast do not stop changing until theyre 20 years old and having the procedure done before they 20 it makes one lower or not look like they should.

Fluctuations in breast size and determining the timing of breast implant augmentation surgery

+1

The major influences on breast size are puberty, pregnancy, and menopause as well as hormonal and weight changes. If these are all stable, your breasts should be at a point where implants could be considered and will provide a stable result.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Breast implants for a 19 yo

+1

This is a great question.  At 19 years old it is OK to have breast augmentation with a saline implant.  The FDA recommends that patients be at least 22 years old for silicone.  I hope this helps in your important decision.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation at age 19 is ok.

+1

Your age is not a preventing issue to your receiving breast implants, however, by the FDA guidelines you are only allowed the saline type until you are 22 years of age. I recommend you find a surgeon you feel comfortable with and have a discussion about the procedure during a consultation.

Breast augmentation at age 19

+1

A breast augmentation at age 19 is fine as long as your breasts have stopped growing/changing. For most women, their breasts are mature by this age. Per the FDA (with some exceptions), your options for breast implants are limited to saline implants. Silicone gel implants are available to all women at age 22.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation at 19

+1

At the age of 19 you may or may not be ready for implants depending on your physical psychological development. It is probably wise to seek the opinion of people that you trust who are not necessarily emotional about the decision as you may be. If you are really a candidate for this procedure and this will be a positive factor for you, you will be limited to saline implants because the new silicone gel implants are limited to those who are over 22 years of age because of the FDA regulation.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Ask your mother.

+1

Most women have completed breast growth by 19 and an easy way to find out if you are different is to ask your mother if she grew more than half a cup size after the age of 19. A competent doctor will usually be able to tell by looking at your breasts whether they are still in a growth stage. I have placed many implants in 19 year olds with great results.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

+1

By the FDA and Mentor & Allergan guidelines you are a candidate to receive breasts implants. See 3 boarded surgeons in your area. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Breast augmentation at age 19 is (usually) just fine!

+1

Of course, you should be at a stable breast size and not still growing or changing. By age 19, most women have been at a stable height, chest circumference, and breast volume for some time--if you are still growing, then delay surgery until these are no longer changing. The same goes for your weight.

Also, since the FDA does not recommend silicone gel implants until age 22, use of silicone gel implants at your age would be considered "off-label" use.

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/html/breast-augmentation.html

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

19 years of age and breast augmentation

+1

By age 19 breast development is nearly complete. If you have had no significant change in breast size for a period of 6 months than it is safe to have a breast augmentation.

Good luck

Web reference: http://drrobkessler.com

Breast implants augmentation

+1

Breast will stop developing at some point and this is based on your genetics.  You will not be elligible for silicone implants at your age, however.