I'm 19 Years Old, I Had Breast Augmentation a Month Ago. If I Get Them Removed Will It Sag

Breast implant removal

+1

If you have the implants removed, you will likely look the same as you did before the surgery.  It is doubtful you will have sagging unless, of course, your breasts were sagging before.

Breast Implant Removal - I'm 19 Years Old, I Had Breast Augmentation a Month Ago. If I Get Them Removed Will It Sag

+1

In general, because you're 19 years old and you've only had them in for one month, I would say that you do have a better chance of returning to the way you looked beforehand than most women do.

However, I would urge you to reconsider that decision.  Presumably, you thought about this a lot before you went ahead with the surgery.  What happened?  Why did you change your mind so quickly?  Are they a different size than you expected?  Photos might help but ultimately this is a decision you have to make, hopefully in consultation with your plastic surgeon or another plastic surgeon, since there are consequences for anything you decide.

It is possible, for example, that your skin will not bounce back to the way you would like your breasts to look - are you prepared to undergo a lift, or have implants reinserted or, if neither of those are acceptable, to stay with the way you'll look?

These are not questions I can help you with, but you should go over them carefully with your PS.  If, however, you ultimately decide that you want them out, you will most likely have less sagging than would the average woman.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast changes after one month

+1

unless you went with exceptionally large breast implants, it is most likely that after only a month your tissue will contract back to it's pre-surgical shape and size

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Early removal of breast implants.

+1

At 19 years old, you likely have very elastic skin and soft tissue. Removal of your implants after a month may show some sagginess initially, but after 3-6 months will likely return to your pre-augmentation size/shape.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

19 year old

+1

Several studies have shown that most patients removing their implants will enjoy a return to close to their original shape. But before making such a decision, it takes most patients several weeks to months to get accustomed to their new look. So give it some time.

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

You probably won't sag, but ...

+1

I wish we knew more about what is going on to make you consider removing your implants. I'm sure a lot went into your initial decision to have the augmentation not to mention the postoperative pain and the costs. I believe you should give your next decision an equal amount of careful consideration. Assuming you decide to have the implants removed,this soon after the augmentation your skin has probably not stretched out a great deal and with time you will most likely return to your previous look. 

William H. Gorman, MD

Removing your Breast Implants

+1

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Occasionally, I see patients who just want the implants removed because they don't want the implants "to be a part of them" anymore.  Make sure you think about this and that this is the right thing for you.  It's difficult to say if you need a lift after removal -- no one will know exactly what your breasts will look like after the implants are removed until it is done.  Talk to a well-trained and experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and get good advice.

Sagging after Implant Removal

+1

That would depend on several factors:

What your breasts looked like before your aug

Quality of your skin tone and elasticity

Size of your implants

When you have them removed

The more important question you have not answered is why you are thinking about this just one month after your augment?

Albert Dabbah, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon