19 with Under Eye Bags/wrinkles: What Should I Do? Is It Normal?

When I smile it only gets worse. I use moisturizer with SPF 15 everyday and use mineral makeup. I also make sure to get plenty of sleep. i don't know what to do.

Botox, skin pinch, laser or fillers

+2

Botox can prevent the muscles under the lower eyelid from bunching and can reduce the wrinkles for a while. You can also get a laser peel there and will tighten up the skin in the area. A skin pinch can reduce the skin in this area also.

At age 19, a loss of volume from aging would be a little early for you. If this was the case, and you can find this out by looking at your pictures when you were younger to see if volume has decreased, you can add volume to the lower eyelid region with fillers and fat transfer. Given that you are so young most will likely suggest botox, skin care, sun protection. It would be better if you would send in pictures of yourself without smiling and you can tell how much volume you've lost in the lower eyelid area.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

No surgery! Botox and skin care

+2

The small lower lid bag that you have is not an aging sign but rather a healthy orbicularis muscle. The outer wrinkles could be improved with botox.

I would not recommend any surgery in this young age. Some skin tightening ,botox should help. Hope that helps!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Under eye bags at 19

+1
Based on your photo, it appears you have a muscle roll under the eyelid.  The orbicularis muscle is the eyelid muscle and in younger individuals it can present as a roll when smiling.  Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin can help relax the outside of the muscle and lessen the roll.  Surgery is not indicated for your eyelid. 

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Avoid surgery on your eyelids

+1
In your case, the wrinkles you see have less to do with aging and more to do with the underlying muscle of your eyelid which can cause the skin to "bunch".

I'd recommend some topical skin treatments to help tighten the skin, and a very little Botox in the area (depending on how things looked when you weren't smiling).  I would avoid surgery, especially on the lower eyelids, until it was absolutely necessary.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

Age 19 with Eye bags and wrinkles

+1
At age 19, you do not need any surgery on your eyelids. Lower eye lid surgery is performed at rest, not upon animation. The primary goal of  lower blepharoplasty surgery is to remove the fat through a trans-conjunctival  approach. The secondary goal is to remove any excess skin that may be present at rest, through an external incision at the lash line. This is called a pinch technique which is closed with tissue glue. For many examples, please see the link below to her eyelid  surgery photo  Gallery

Lower eyelid Botox or blepharoplasty in Los Angeles

+1

Botox or Xeomin injections may be your best bet in reducing dynamic wrinkles around the eyes and crows feet. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Lower Lid Wrinklles and less than 30 years old - Recommendations

+1

First I would address the reason for these lower lid  and crows-feet wrinkles. These type of wrinkles are often seen in patients that squint so first of all I would make sure that if you need visual correction then use glasses or contacts (if not sure, have your vision tested) and use sunglasses on bright days.  .                                                                                                                                                                                Now for treatment options, use of fillers like Restylane and Juvederm are helpful to decide the degree of benefit from supporting the skin. If you like the effect then consider a more permanent solution like fat transfer. Secondly, a deeper TCA peel, or fractional laser often helps. Both fillers and resurfacing procedures are complementary and synergistic in your case. For crows feet lines Botox can help to a degree For redundant skin, a conservative skin pinch blepharoplasty may also be of benefit. A qualified board certified aesthetic surgeon will help you find the right treatment for you

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Eye Bags, Wrinkles: What to do

+1

Bags like yours may be caused by excessive bunching of the the skin or muscle when you smile.

Options include:

Botox although more risky for older folks with weaker muscles and lasts for months, can help to relax the muscles and skin as well as train you to smile less with your eyes.

Excision of skin and or muscle can correct this for the long term.

Laser resurfacing will partially correct the loose skin.

Please consult in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to help decide which option is best for you.  Cheers

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS