Is 1.9% Hydroquinone Enough to Whiten and Lighten Dark Spots? I Am Using Fair and White Cream.

I suffer from acne scars and i am currently using Acretin that contains 0.05% Tretinoin and my doctor has prescribed a whitening cream for my acne scars without prescribing a certain hydroquinone dosage. The cream is "Fair and white creme eclaircissante whitening cream" with 1.9% hydroquinone is that dosage enough or do i need more? please helpp :)

Is 1.9% Hydroquinone Enough to Whiten and Lighten Dark Spots?

+1

You wont notice to much difference using 1.9 % hydroquinone, I suggest trying a medical grade product with 4-6% with retinA to help lift the pigmentation like cosmelon.

Treatment of keloid scars and hyperpigmentation

+1

I have my patients use Melarase creams to lighten the skin after post inflammatory hyperpigmentation kicks in. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

While 1.9% hydroquinone may lead to some lightning of the skin

+1

the effects are minimal for most people...the prescription strength cream is a much better option for most people...and combining the 4% strength cream with a topical retinoid like you're already using is even better...one of the best medicines on the market right now is TriLuma...it combines the hydroquinone with a retinoid and adds a little anti-inflammatory cream too...but don't forget your hat...you need protection against the sun and sunscreens probably won't be as helpful as you think...

Ken Landow, MD