19 Days Post Op. Right Breast Red, Itchy and More Firm Than Left Breast? (photo)

My right breast had an extensive reduction...about 400 grams. It hasn't healed well around the nipple from the beginning and also split along the underside of my breast. Over the last 4 or 5 days, it has become itchy and hot. I see my plastic surgeon in a few days, but am worried now! I've been showering twice a day, using a mild soap. I have NOT been wearing a sports bra and have been using an ace bandage for a few hours a day because I am trying to let me nipple dry out.

Breast reduction issues

+1

It looks like you have had some mild separation of the wounds.  The photo posted makes the breast appear fairly red, if concerned about infection you should see your surgeon ASAP.

Complication after breast reduction

+1

Suture spitting can occur after breast reduction, however your photo show signs that the breast may have become infected. You should not wait to see your plastic surgeon and should give the office a call today.

Complications after Breast Reduction?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your description, the changes in your physical examination, and the pictures you have provided, I think you will be  better off seeing your plastic surgeon sooner than what has been scheduled. Hopefully this can be arranged with a phone call. Of course, the concern is the potential for infection;  if this is the case, the sooner it is diagnosed and treated the better.