19 Days Post Op and Concerned with Results?

I had full abdominoplasty with muscle repair and lipo to my back and love handles 19 days ago. I feel like i've progressed brilliantly in myself, i've healed really well. I'm absolutely made up with how i look in clothes but i'm worried my love handles aren't going. They are less 'flabby' and dont hang over my clothes now but i'm sure they're the same size. Has it not worked?

Tummy Tuck Results

+1

Thank you for your question. Fluid can remain for several months in areas with liposuction so wearing your compression garment will help to reduce this fluid accumulation. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Swelling lasts much longer than 19 days after abdominoplasty liposuction.

+1

I'm not really sure what you're asking but I can tell you that 19 days after in abdominoplasty liposuction there is an appreciable amount of swelling. You need to give this time to subside.

Concerns over body contouring

+1

I'm glad to hear you are happy with most of your results.  As for the love handles, since that was suctioned, healing can take up to 3 months to see your final results.  At that point, you can critique your results and discuss them with your surgeon.  You should definitely be talking to your surgeon as you see him/her in follow-up so he/she is aware as you heal.  Always know that revisions can always be done to improve results.

Curtis Wong, MD

Need more time before judging final result

+1

Difficult to fully understand your situation without seeing a photograph.  It is possible that you need additional liposuction or skin excision to get the result that you were expecting.   But you are still very early in the post operative recovery period.  Give it some time then reassess after 3 - 4 months.