I'm 19 and Trying to Get Rid of Access Fat, Should I Consider Liposuction?

I'm 19, 5'8, and approximately 200lbs...I've been trying to get rid of my lovehandles, upper arm, thigh, and belly fat, but it just won't come off...Should I maybe consider liposuction? Would it be safe for me?

Liposuction Changes Shape, Not Weight

+1

It sounds to me like your best best would be to lose weight.  Remember that Liposuction is a shape changing procedure, not a weight loss procedure.  I would have to see photos to be sure, but maybe you would be better off spending your money on bariatric surgery.

Trying to Get Rid of Excess Fat

+1

Liposuction is an excellent procedure and can provide dramatic improvements in contour.  It is not, however, a procedure for weight loss and, based on what you're describing, I think that that is what you need to consider.  I would not recommend liposuction as the next step for you.

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Is liposuction the answer to my excess fat collections

+1

Luiposuction is very safe when performed by surgeons who know what they're doing. However, liposuction is not a substitute for weight loss.  In you case, it would be better to first manage your weight with diet and exercise.  Once you have achieved a stable weight that you can maintain for the next 10-20 years then you may be a candidate for liposuction. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction is great for getting rid of bulges.

+1

Hi.

Based on your story, I think you should consider liposuction.  It will probably make your shape better, and that is a good thing. You will go down a couple of sizes.   As long as you understand that liposuction is not a weight loss method. It is about contour.  You will still be overweight afterwards, just with no bulges.

Liposuction; Good Choice at 19 y.o.?

+1

The question you must ask yourself; Have I maximized my weight loss efforts? If the answer is yes and you can not possibly loose any more weight, then seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for a complete interview, physical exam, and discussion of your goals.  You will be informed of your options and can better make your decision.  Depending on the distribution of the fat excess, at your age, with good skin elasticity you should have good results.  Best wishes

Liposuction or weigth los program

+1

You might be right to have Liposuction as an option to enhance your body contour ,  considering your high and description;  skin retraction is usually good in youth people. Just remember: Liposuction is not a weight loss treatment, although  it will be a helpful tool to achieve your goals. Not easy to say much with out photos. I'm sure a consultation with a  Certified PS will be the best choice at this point.   Best wishes.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction is a great motivator.

+1

When you reach a plateau of weight loss after dieting and exercising a lot, liposuction is a great motivator to help encourage further dieting and exercising. When you see improvements in the way you look, it makes you feel better and you may tend to accomplish more.  Go for it. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/lipo.asp

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

19 year old and liposuction

+1

I think that with your body weight and height, you may be better off getting on a good exercise and diet program. If your weight goes down and you are not satisfied with the results, then you may be a candidate for liposuction.

Liposuction for Excess Fat at 19

+1

Although the liposuction can make an improvement, there are risks associated with this that cannot be ignored.  At current height and weight and age, I think that you would be better served by diet and exercise.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Liposuction for problematic and unresponsive fatty areas

+1

Hello and thank you for the question. Liposuction is a safe means of removing excess fat from problematic areas that are unresponsive to diet and exercise. From your question I assume that you have tried the diet and exercise routine and continue to have problems with the areas you have outlined. If that is the case, liposuction is the procedure that I would recommend, in my opinion. However, I do not recommend liposuction for weight loss alone. If your diet and exercise routines do not change and you only rely on surgery you will not have lasting effects from the procedure. Thus, my recommedations are to maximize your diet and exercise routines and use the surgery to refine those troublesome areas and give you the figure that you want. You are young and I assume free from other medical problems minimizing your risks for surgery.

Best of Luck.