I'm Under 18, and Seriously Considering Labiaplasty, Can I Have Some Advice?

I am 14 years old and my inner labia's are very large, i started puberty at 10 and they have been getting bigger and bigger ever since, they a very uncomfortable, and sometimes painful, i also regularly get cysts on them, i know i'm under age but my parents understand that i want Labiaplasty, i am extremely self conscious about it and i have been for 2 years now. The pain comes and goes but its getting worse the larger they get. I also cant wear most jeans because its uncomfortable.

Labiaplasty can be done under 18 years of age with parental or guardian consent

+1

Thank you for your question. Since you have discussed the pain you're having because of enlarged labia if your parents will consent then labiaplasty may be done. He will need to consult a gynecologist or plastic surgeon specializing in vaginal surgery and after parental consent if the surgery is indicated.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/labiaplasty/laser-labiaplasty-to-reduce-large-long-labia-and-lessen-irritation-by-clothing/

Labiaplasty may be indicated if you are a minor.

+1

Labiaplasty can be indicated in patients under the age of 18 if they experience daily discomfort and their labia minora is hanging visibly when standing creating a "deformity". I have only performed labiaplasty in minors with parental consent and most importantly, who are emotionally mature, able to fully understand their risks and possible complications and willing to take part in the post procedure protocol to ensure a smooth recovery.

Web reference: http://www.casas.md/complete-labiaplasty/

Labiaplasty in a minor

+1

requires your parental consent... talk to your parents about your concerns, especially if your concerns are validated by your primary physician.

Labiaplasty in teenagers and during puberty

+1

Your concern for the large labia minora is quite in line with a overgrowth of the labia minora.  This may occur after pregnancy, or less commonly, during puberty.  I think the decision to pursue labiaplasty is quite reasonable and encourage you to seek a consultation with your parents or parental consent. 

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/body/15/labiaplasty.aspx

Labiaplasty under 18

+1

I have done labiaplasties on girls as young as 13 when they have large labia with pain or severe aesthetic deformities.  My results with the central wedge labiaplasty are excellent, usually with elimination of all the discomfort.  Most, if not all, of the painful cysts are usually removed in the wedge. Your parents must consent to the surgery, which appears likely in your case.

Sincerely,

Dr. Gary Alter

Labiaplasty for under 18 years

+1

I am sorry to have learned the suffering induced by very uncommon situation. It looks like you need help now and can not wait. Labiaplasty should remove most of the cyst infested tissue hopefully and will leave you with some good looking labia if performed well. Your parents involvement for legal reasons and for moral reasons is essential. I wish you good luck.

Web reference: http://www.dubai-aesthetica.com/body/cosmetic-gynecology.html

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Teen labiaplasty

+1

Its okay to have a labiaplasty if you are mature enough to follow the pre and post op instructions,  are motivated to persevere through the pain of the operation,  and your parents are supportive.  Since you are still maturing sexally there is a possibility that you labia could grow more afterwards, though.

Find a supportive and sympathetic plastic or GYN surgeon to help you.  I hope it all goes well.  Good luck!

Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Pediatric labiaplasty

+1

I am sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time.  Labiaplasty could correct your problem.  It sounds like that you have done some research and had an honest and open discussion with your parents.  The next step is to seek out a qualified board certified plastic surgeon for your evaluation.  Good luck, I hope that you will get a great result.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty : appropriate age

+1

like many operations we do,  this is partly reconstructive in its need.

correction will make you more comfortable aside from the appearance.

I would consider having the surgery now.

Labioplasty for Teenager

+1

Like many problems, age is not a limiting factor.  If you need a labioplasty for the reasons you have outlined, then a qualified surgeon should be able to help you.  You obviously have understanding parents who I'm sure would be happy to  accompany you to your consultation.