I Am 18, 5'5 and 190lbs. Am I a Candidate for Liposuction? (photo)

I have never been anywhere near average, or skinny, my whole life. I have always been overweight. I recieved a LapBand procedure when I was 16 and lost 54 pounds as a result. For the past 6-8 months I have been on a plateau and can not have anymore adjustments of my Lapband. My problem areas are my Stomache and Thighs, and I have very tight skin. Thats all I want done. What do you think?

Stomach contouring

+2

You are a candidate for liposuction, full tummy tuck or just a panniculectomy. What you should focus on is what the problems are, skin, fat, muscle all?

then decide what you want to try to achieve-just lose some of the fat, get rid of skin and fat?, tighten everything as good as possible?

then match the procedure to what you are aiming for, then decide if you are willing to do that procedure, costs, downtime, scars, not the best results, etc.

The final decision is made as a dialogue with your plastic surgeon and you.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Lipo for 18 year old after lap band?

+1

Diet and exercize is #1 which you have already done. The next invasive procedure is lipo which seems like a reasonable way to go if you do not have enough skin to resect and have good skin quality with localized fat. In your case I suspect ypour abdomen is loose after weight loss and a physical exam is needed to know if the fat in inside your abdomen (around your intestines) or under the skin. Lipo will only help if the fat is under the skin AND if the skin quality has good elastic properties to retract and tighten after the procedure. Also important to make sure your medical history is cleared. See a board certified plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

I Am 18, 5'5 and 190lbs. Am I a Candidate for Liposuction?

+1

Even with a very unexposed posted photo side view you should consider a full TT. But you really need in person evaluations. 

Surgical Candidate

+1

The quality of the photo does not allow for a proper determination.  It would be recommended to do a thorough consultation including physical examination with 2 -3 surgeons.  When you have located the surgeon with the requisite experience, expertise, and understanding of your objectives, then he/she can guide you are a candidate for liposuction, full tummy tuck or just a panniculectomy.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS