Removing 180cc Implants After Pregnancy

I am less than an A cup prior to breast implants, done on aug 2009 with 180cc each. Became pregnant and recently gave birth. Due to bad engorgement, I thought of explanting it. I would like to know what are my chances of at least returning where I started, will I have more sagging? I'm Asian and 27 years old. Any difference in my skin elasticity between explanting soon than 2 years later?

Wait at Least 3 Months Before Removing Implants After Pregnancy

+2

Because hormones have such a powerful impact on breast size, wait at least 3 months after you have stopped nursing before deciding about implant removal.

Many women lose breast volume after pregnancy, so you owe it to yourself to wait a few months to see how your breasts change.

Those same hormone changes also can affect the skin tone, so it is possible to see more sagging after pregnancy.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant removal

+1

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Occasionally, I see patients who just want the implants removed because they don't want the implants "to be a part of them" anymore.  Make sure you think about this and that this is the right thing for you.  It's difficult to say if you need a lift after removal -- no one will know exactly what your breasts will look like after the implants are removed until it is done.  Talk to a well-trained and experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and get good advice.

Removing breast implants

+1

I would recommend waiting about 6 months to see how your breast settle.  You may need a lift only to restore the shape to your breasts.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Breast implant removal after pregnancy

+1

With a A-cup and such a small augmentation, you should have few problems with simple removal of your implants, without worry of sagging.

peterejohnsonmd

What to do with 180cc breasts implants postpartum and with engorgement

+1

The engorgement is actually a separate issue from the implants. You did not state your height or weight or the post-augmentation size. With this in mind, the implants that you have are extremely small in size.

How your breasts would respond following their removal would depend on many factors including what I listed above - and your pregnancy and possible breast feeding. It would probably be wise to give your breasts time to decrease in size. I would wait at least 6 months after stopping breast feeding (if you are) or after your delivery date.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Prediction of size

+1

There's no way to know how your body will respond to the hormonal influence of pregnancy or to the elasticity of your tissues after the removal of the implants.  If the implants haven't really caused a problem, and it sounds like they haven't, then you should leave them in.  Best wishes,

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Removing implants

+1

It is difficult o say what your breasts would look like after removal of your implants.  Each person's body reacts differently.

Breast augmentation

+1

At this time it is difficult to ascertain since you are still early in the pregnancy.  Once this process is complete, then you should seek advice from a plastic surgeon who is board certified if necessary.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Breast implant

+1

To explant breast implant there will be some changes, the degree of changes would depend on the quality of the skin, the effect of breast engorgement after pregnancy. Consult your plastic surgeon and after examination will have an idea of the degree of changes.