I'm 180 and 5'8 is 700cc Too Big?

I'm a 34B BA and my weight is 180 but will drop 20lbs by operation, so far I have talked to surgeon he suggested 700cc is that gonna be too big? It's saline under the muscle w lift on left

Is 700 CC too big?

+2

You may want to seek a second opinion prior to surgery.  700 CC are large implants.  Hopefully, you have tried on sizers in the surgeon's office, and discussed the pros and cons.  You may want to consider silicone gel implants instead of saline, also.  Best wishes!

I'm 180 and 5'8 is 700cc Too Big?

+2

It is best to give advice such as this based on an in person exam. 

There are a number of parameters surgeons use in sizing decisions. One important guideline is to use an implant no wider than the breast. For 700 cc that would require almost 15 cm (6 inches) and from the looks of the photo, those will be too wide and therefore too large. 

Implants of that size in a smaller women are like an annuity for the surgeon--many re-operations are likely due to damage from excessive breast and skin stretching.

I would think hard about the best size for you. A second opinion might be in order. All the best. 

Is 700 cc too big?

+2

Thank you for your post. Bigger breast implants are associated with higher complications, especially long-term. Some of these are not reversible once the breast tissue has atrophied and stretched. You should talk about this more carefully with your surgeon. Be sure that you seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

I'm 180 and 5'8 is 700cc Too Big?

+1

Thank you for your question and posting your photo.  It is excellent that you will be loosing 20 lbs prior to surgery.  Judging from your photo it seems that first of all you need a lift on both sides.  Secondly, your breast base seems too narrow for 700 cc.  In general the larger the implant the higher the chance of complications such as capsular contracture, bottoming out, etc.  So please make certain that you are under the care of a Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is experienced and can give you honest detailed information.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

700 cc breast implants

+1

700 cc breast implants are very big.  Please be sure that you have tried these on in your surgeon's office and you are comfortable with the look this will create.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Are 700cc breast implants too big?

+1

Thank you for your question.   From your photo, I noted that there are stretch marks on your breast, so it appears that your skin has had significant expansion in the past.  700 cc is very large implant and I would recommend that you be more conservative in choosing the size of the implant, based on your breast anatomical landmarks.  I don't believe that you will have enough tissue to camoflauge such a large implant, therefore you are increasing the risk of implant palpability and wrinkling, as well as other complications.    I would advise you to discuss implant choices with your plastic surgeon,  and choose a size that will not cause significant changes in the future.  Best of luck!

Vladimir Milovic, MD, FRACS
Australia Plastic Surgeon

Use of larger sized implants

+1

When considering breast implants it is best to consider implant projection and base diameter before volume.  If the projection and base diameter are wrong then the breast will not look right no matter the volume.  A 700 cc moderate profile implant will have a base diameter in the 14 cm range.  Your surgeon should have measured the base of your existing breast before making this recommendation.  An implant of  this volume will increase your breast size by about 3 cup sizes.  If this is what you desire then you have answered your own question.  The main problem with an implant this large is that time, weight and gravity are not on your side.  A large implant will over time stretch out your soft tissue and eventually lead to an increased risk of implant malposition that may not be correctable in the future.  

IMPLANT SIZE

+1

I would reevaluate the implant size once you have achieved your ideal weight.  700 cc is a large heavy implant that will have long term consequences on your breast tissue.  I would be more conservative.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

700 cc implants

+1

Thanks for your question.  I would not reccomend such large implants, make sure you get another opinion of a board certified surgeon in your area.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Very big breast implants are a bad idea.

+1

Hi.

Very big implants stretch your tissues, age TERRIBLY, and have higher complications.  I would recommend no bigger than 500 cc's.  Also you need slightly smaller implant in left breast.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)