Is 18 too young for an eyebrow or forehead lift? (photos)

I was born with low brows, which make me look angry (or as I noticed, it makes me look like a caveman.) When I was younger it wasn't much of a deal, but as I grew up it bothered me and has become my #1 insecurity. I have to raise my eyebrows 24/7 to make myself feel the slightest bit better. However, this creates the shadow above my eyebrows and makes my right brow shaped differently (Which can't be fixed by waxing OR makeup. Trust me, I've tried) so I usually hide that eyebrow with my hair.

How Old is "Too Young" for an Eyebrow lift?

+1

Having brows in a higher position, naturally makes the eyes more pleasant and feminine. Having this procedure done at a younger age is fine so long as you know and understand the benefits and potential risks and side effects of the procedure. Any incisions can be hidden in the hair, behind the hairline, so although resulting scars are a factor that has to be considered, it is usually a minor consideration. The benefits of looking less angry or less stern, and for a woman to look more feminine as a result of a brow/forehead lift most often outweighs the down side to having it done -- at any age.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow lift for 18 year old.

+1

Eyebrow lift for 18 year old for low brows such as yours is something that is the same as a rhinoplasty in my opinion. The brow can be raised to a more aesthetic position. I do this behind the hairline IF your hairline is low. It is done thru an Irregular Trichophytic Incision at the hairline if your hairline is high already.

Is 18 too young for an eyebrow or forehead lift?

+1

Masculine brows look best in the position of the relaxed photo. Many beautiful women also have the lower flat brow but the beautiful female brow is most often considered the one with an arch and the brow positioned higher over the bone as in your picture of the raised brows. Neither your photo nor your question indicates youur sex. It would be unusual but not impossible to raise the brows of a young person your age.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Endoforehead lift can raise your brow with minimal scaring

+1

The indications for surgery are patients maturity, physical finding and patients expectations. The age by itself is not a contra indication. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for further evaluation. You may try Botox first if not ready for surgery.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Unusual

+1

It would be unusual to perform a browlift on someone so young, but if your anatomy requires it, then it can be done. I would discuss this your family and then get a couple opinions and see some before and after photos.

An endoscopic approach or a pretrichial [hairline] approach may work for you depending on your hairline/hair density.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Low brow position

+1

You situation could readily be handled by an endoscopic brow lift if you have a reasonably low hairline.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon